• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time for a New Cooler-dor

CvilleYoungGun

Not so young gun anymore.
Reaction score
Ok guys a little help would be much appreciated.

Ok so I have outgrown my current cooler and now need to find another in a hurry. I am looking for either 120 or 150qt size. The best deal I have found is on a walmart igloo 120 for $39.00 and a Sams Club 150qt for 65~66. Wal-mart is of course out of stock, and not to get any in anytime soon. The Sams club nearest to me that has one of the 150 is about 100 miles away from me in Roanoke. I have looked online to find one of these but the prices are often outrageous and shipping just as bad. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience getting a large cooler online? If you know of a place with a deal similar to either of these please let me know. Any suggestions or comments are of course much appreciated.

Thanks,

CYG

I have the Walmart $39.00 120 qt. it works great with Vipers beads.
81811c40.jpg
81811c40.jpg

Coolers are kind of a seasonal item at Wally World from what ive seen or at least the one around my parts. I have the same one the hoosier shows and im very happy with it. Shipping a cooler is going to be expensive any way you look at it, so id get out the phonebook and start making some calls to your local wal-marts and see if anyone else has them in stock. Sometimes you get lucky and they have an overstock from spring/summer from last year.

Try your local sporting good stores too

I was out of luck as well, this being a seasonal item. All they had at Wal-Mart were 50 qts. For me, that will do until I can get a cabinet humidor. However, as Jeffro pointed out, shipping can be costly. So it may be in your best interest to decide whether to fork out the extra money in shipping from a store's website or ebay, or wait until the spring. Sorry for the bad news friend.

Jason

If you have a K-Mart in your area, they carry them all year around. At least in my area they do.
Dre

If you have a K-Mart in your area, they carry them all year around. At least in my area they do.
Dre

Same issue here CYG. The best I could find (that I found affordable) was a Walmart special: Coleman 70-Quart Extreme Cooler for only $27. Although I was looking for something in 100-120 qt range (as per suggestions of many FOGS -"Get at least double the size you think you need you will not regret it!" :laugh: ) the prices were at least double (if not more) so I guess this will do for now. :thumbs:

Here is the link:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2536482

I was going to order that 70 qt from Wal-Mart, but after the shipping it ended up being 40 bucks. I went down to Wal-Mart instead and picked a 50 qt up in person for 20.

Jason

Also, talk to the sporting goods manager at Wal-Mart. They might be able to order you the one your looking for....VS paying shipping from their website.

I saw some at Dicks Sporting Goods and Sports Authority. I am not sure if you have those in VA, but they are near the hunting/fishing section.

Check out Walmart. I just purchased 2 coolers for myself at Walmart.

Jeffro600 said:
Also, talk to the sporting goods manager at Wal-Mart. They might be able to order you the one your looking for....VS paying shipping from their website.
[snapback]277064[/snapback]​

You are going to have to make ammends jeffie or you won't be staying here.

NA

i just purchased a cooler at target for 17 bucks. it is an igloo, 70qt i believe. in sporting goods on clearance. (not for cigars, hence the size)

Check your hardwares and farm stores. Perhaps they have one in the back waiting till spring.

Check with Target.

Apparently these are seasonal items with Target. I was in Target this week and noticed they were on clearance 50% off. They had one of those 100 quart Igloo Cold Max coolers with the trap door for $30. They also had a standard 36 quart cooler for $7.

TN_CIGARS said:
Check with Target.

Apparently these are seasonal items with Target. I was in Target this week and noticed they were on clearance 50% off. They had one of those 100 quart Igloo Cold Max coolers with the trap door for $30. They also had a standard 36 quart cooler for $7.
[snapback]279558[/snapback]​

Big sale on coollers going on at Target. You can also get them online at Target as well. They are all almost 50% off.

Thanks for all of the help guys, I followed up on a couple of these leads but still didn't find what I was looking for. I guess it worked out for the best though, Ive entered the ranks of a couple other Cville guys with the JR Barrister humidor. It looks nice enough to put in the living room and provides for easy expansion, which it seems like I will always need. Thanks again for all of your help.

CYG

Had the same problem recently when I outgrew my coolidor. Here in Central Florida coolers are a seasonal thing too (Who knew?). Instead I found a plastic storage bin at Target with a latchable lid. It's huge and it was cheap (like $10 or $12). It's not insulated, but it's in the house anyway. I'm not trying to keep a temperature differential with it, I just needed something close to airtight.

Good luck!

Just for other's reference, here's a shot of mine, which is a Coleman cooler I found at the local Home Depot equivalent (Menard's). It's stood up on end, and has the slots along the side which make perfect shelf holders. I simply bought cedar veneer plywood 1/4" thick for the shelves. I use viper's beads in a small glass bowl, and a Radio Shack digital temp/humidity display.

And it can hold alot of cigars! I just counted, and I have 23 boxes of varying size in mine, plus a bunch of loose singles, and the beads and misc. stuff. And room for more if I was more organized or anal about it.

normal_Coolidor.jpg