• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

time for some fun...

Alright, I'm dying to know what those smokes were!! Hurry up, dangit!!

ROFLMAO :sign:

I like cigar tasting (as opposed to smoking) and I like writing reviews. I was wanting to sign up but it just fell at a bad time for me. I'll get in the next one though!

Emo

Now I am not the one holding up the class. :D

I tried to send my review of MP's cigars to Father T, but his PM box is full! :)

MountainPasser said:
Cool, I can't wait. :D :D :D

Mpass
Well you're gonna have to. :p I don't have your reviews since you e-mailed them to me at work. I'll have to post them all tomorrow.

The moment you've all been waiting for

Leebo's reviews and guesses
Robusto: (Mpass' cigars)

Very nice looking Robusto mystery stick with a Colorado wrapper. Contstruction was very nice, smooth wrapper, nicely rolled. Cut cleanly and had a sweet aroma. Upon lighting this one, I was instantly rewarded with lots of smoke and the wrapper was sweet tasting. This was a mild cigar and I enjoyed it with a cup of coffee, mid morning. The burn was perfect and I tasted some citrus notes as well as a nutty flavor. This was very enjoyable but light for my tastes. I would definitely smoke this in the morning. The last 1/3 turned slightly spicy and finished nicely. I nubbed it!
I give this one a 4 out 5.

Very interesting gar, don't think I've ever smoked it before so I would guess it was a Diamond Crown.

Large Maduro Torp (McP's cigar)

Construction was excellent on this one, beautiful Maduro wrapper, veiny and very oily. Clipped perfectly and prelight was cedary. Upon lighting, I got lots of smoke and this one was definitely earthy and leathery. Not too much complexity, but I'm still new to this so.... Anyway, this baby burned fairly well, nice solid ash. Never really changed much but definitely got stronger. It burned a little hot in the end, but overall, not bad. I would give this a 3.5 out of 5.

My guess would be an Onyx of some kind.

Thanks again for the gars!

McPatrickClan's reviews and guesses
MP CIGAR #1

While simple and expected with each draw, I found this cigar to be fairly consistent. One nice quality to this cigar was the way it burned evenly despite the bad light. The wrapper had a smoky, very faint vanilla taste to it. The smoke was full, but thin. This cigar was good and very, ahem, reliable.

I guess it was a Montecristo, whatever the non-Cuban version of the #2 is.

Leebo CIGAR #2

A Bucanero, but I am not sure which one! I know I got MP's wrong, but maybe I can score here!

Mpass' reviews and guesses
Shape: Torpedo
Size: 7 x 54
Color: Maduro

Aesthetics: 4.5
This was a very big and very dark maduro torpedo. The cigars had a oily sheen to them. One of the cigars had much more tooth than the other however both could be described as toothy. The cigar had a slightly rough overall look to it.

Construction: 4.9
The cigars had a nice solid feel to them without any soft spots. The caps were perfect and went to a nice point. You could tell they were well-made cigars just by their look and feel.

Flavor and Strength: 2.0
The cigars cut well and the pre-light draw was spot on with each of them. The pre-light aroma was full of strong tobacco flavors. The foot toasted and light easily as the cigar roared to life with lots of smoke. Unfortunately that was about it, lots of smoke and not much in the way of taste. The cigars burned very well and produced a tight white ash. The samples were mild with flavors of paper, wood and some hint of nuts. Not a big hit for me.

Comments:
This was an acceptable smoke but nothing to write home about. I would not recommend this cigar as something to try. This is surprising because if you were going to pick a cigar on looks alone this would be it. The flavors and strength just didn’t match the looks. I guess that’s why we smoke singles before buying a box.

Overall Rating. 3.4

My guess as to what this cigar was is the Oliva Orion Maduro Torpedo. This is based only on size and looks. I have never smoked this cigar before.

Shape: Belicoso
Size: 5.5 x 52
Color: Maduro

Aesthetics: 4.7
This was a nice looking boxed pressed maduro Belicoso. The cigars had a matte look but an oily feel to them. The wrapper leaf had a mottled look almost like OSB board (chip board). The cigars were very pleasing to the eye.

Construction: 3.5
The cigars despite there size had a lot of weight to them and neither had any soft spots. The caps were perfect short pointed Belicoso. The box press was more of a rectangular than a square in shape. You could tell they were well-made cigar.

Flavor and Strength: 4.5
There were no problems with cutting and draw was perfect on with each of them. The pre-light aroma had lots of tobacco and earth flavors. The cigar light easily with no problems and was full of tobacco, wood and leather flavors. Unfortunately one of the ways I know this was an Indian Tabac cigar was because it would not burn straight at all. I have had this problem with almost all Indian Tabac cigars. This burn problem detracted from the over all enjoyment of the cigar.

Comments:
I would smoke this cigar again and would also recommend them as a good smoke. This is a very pleasing medium to slightly full-bodied cigar. They produced lots of good tasting smoke. The only major distraction was the burn.

Overall Rating. 4.2

My guess on this cigar is the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Petit Belicoso. This is based on having smoked a few Indian Tabac cigars. In this case it looks like a Indian Tabac, tastes like a Indian Tabac, and burns like a Indian Tabac. I am about 99.994% sure on this one.

Well, my cigars were IT Super Fuerte Maduro Belicoso!!

:D

This is a great thread fellas, I've been following it almost daily. Great, great cigars flying around, really solid reviews, and a whole lot of fun involved.

Eggsellent

:D

For the last time, Dweeber, there ain't no "A" in definite. Wanker.
Great thread fellers.
NA

Man, I feel bad that my reviews were so weak. I have just been so busy fellas! I'm sorry if my involvement was less than stellar.

My cigars were Oliva "O" sun-grown wrapper maduros.

Heh.

Lee, you threw me off big-time on yours, buddy!

What a great smoke!!

Now, I'm dying to know what the opther one was!!! :D

I knew it was a Fuente cigar!!! Damn good morning cigar too! I'm getting a few of those!! :D

Cool LeeBo,

I’m glad you liked it. I see you picked up on the sweet thing to. TF and I have been commenting on this around the office. It has the same sweet taste as the AF Chateau Fuentes. I think it must have some of the same tobacco in the blend. It’s not the glue because the foot has the same sweet taste and no glue. I love this cigar when I'm in the mood for a smooth robusto but I don't want the power of the FFOX.

Mpass