• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time to ask about that ash-tray

Thoughts

Forehead wrinkle king
I’m in search of a new ash tray. My last PLASTIC montecristo ashtray bit the dust with a good sized crack down the side, guessing from the weather. Lately we have been back and forth on temps, 60s one day, 25 the next, then back up to 60s.

In search of a new one but did want to ask the wise old guys if there were certain brands, vendors, or types that were preferred. I’m not looking for anything big, just something for one guy smoking a cigar or two at a time. Thanks!

In b4: ‘one that holds ash’

I always like the looks of the expensive porcelain ash trays the cigar vendors make, but I'm a klutz and it'd get smashed to pieces, sooner or later. I've got a couple Stinky's, and they've held up pretty well. One is down a rest due to bouncing off the patio a couple times over the last decade, but that's about it. Amazon has pretty much all of them listed, buy the one that you like and you're done. Here are a couple of the more unusual ones that l like....

I have a couple just hanging around. I have a large white Montecristo porcelain and a single stick black marble ashtray. I'll try to post a couple pics tonight. PM me your addy.

I have a couple just hanging around. I have a large white Montecristo porcelain and a single stick black marble ashtray. I'll try to post a couple pics tonight. PM me your addy.

I really appreciate that bud, one of the other guys has already sent me a PM about sending me one. I'm currently threatening him with a nuke if he doesn't reveal his PP info. Feel free to post some pics on here tho!

I always like the looks of the expensive porcelain ash trays the cigar vendors make, but I'm a klutz and it'd get smashed to pieces, sooner or later. I've got a couple Stinky's, and they've held up pretty well. One is down a rest due to bouncing off the patio a couple times over the last decade, but that's about it. Amazon has pretty much all of them listed, buy the one that you like and you're done. Here are a couple of the more unusual ones that l like....

I am definitely getting one of these. They look awesome as well.

I have a nice wooden one that a member here made from long ago, and one the wife bought me from casa fuente. I've used both but the wooden one is the go to. Can't go wrong with a stinky though!

I have a nice wooden one that a member here made from long ago, and one the wife bought me from casa fuente. I've used both but the wooden one is the go to. Can't go wrong with a stinky though!

Handymandave?

I'd recommend going to an antique store -- they are full of ashtrays... I feel like every time I go antiquing, I want to buy all the ashtrays. I got a pretty cool one recently that will only really hold a corona, but the bottom falls out to dump ash into a separate chamber... there are some good finds out there.

I'd recommend going to an antique store -- they are full of ashtrays... I feel like every time I go antiquing, I want to buy all the ashtrays. I got a pretty cool one recently that will only really hold a corona, but the bottom falls out to dump ash into a separate chamber... there are some good finds out there.
I never thought about antique stores - V8 moment! I bet they are very reasonable too- maybe even some vintage ones that have a story to tell. Good idea!!

I am not quite as cultured as you fine gentlemen. I just use a ceramic planter/pot outside. I only have to empty it once every couple of weeks. It doesn't have a cigar rest on it, of course, but I usually just hold the cigar in my fingers the entire time while I'm reading, anyway. If I need to put the stick down, I just rest it on my cutter on the patio table.

Yeah, that's the reason why my ashtrays rarely get used and are up for adoption. Usually I ash in the fire pit or the ash drops off before I can get to the ashtray.

Thanks brother! I ordered the first one. i only have about 10 ashtrays, so I needed one more

I use the plastic Stinky ash tray for outside; it's nice and deep. I leave it out all year around.