• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TiVo_To_Go Who has it?

fllbrent

Hurricane Magnet
My TiVo has been updated for TiVo_To_Go! :D

It's pretty darn cool. I'm able to take shows off my TiVo and view them on the PC. They can also be burned to a DVD or V-CD using third party software provided by Sonic. I have burned both types and they play great on the regular old DVD player.

If you don't have it and want more info about how to get it here's the link from the TiVo forum. :cool:

What is TiVoToGo?

Enjoy,
Brent

Yep it is awesome. ive transfered around 40-50 gigs of my fav shows already. MXC, Aqua teen hunger force, sealab 2021 and so on....
Ive put them on an external HDD for my brother. Now he will be able to watch some cool a$$ shows in Iraq when I get it filled for him.

I was thinking about this the other day and want to do it. Thanks for the info!

Can you set Tivo up on a wireless router??

I have a Series 1 and a Directv unit, neither of which qualifies :(

Now - if they don't go belly up... I'm hearing there's some serious fighting going on in the head office. Their stock took a tank yesterday and bad news....

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering if they somehow protected the files so you could burn them but you've answered that question for me. I think it's time I put my Tivos on the home network now that I have more to gain from it. ;)

Cheers,

AJ