• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TNT Cigars?

I know I'm new here but I would like to say that I've been doing business with the TNT stores (North & Central) here in Phoenix for quite a while and have never had a problem with their knowledge, products, or prices. Although I do not know Dimitri, I think George is an excellent merchant and I've only just recently met John from the Tucson store who gave me quite a bit of coolidor advice. Just a note from the newbie.

I've only dealt with them once, and I never will again. The box of cigars I got from them was moldy....the box even had spores growing on the inside. So, I called them, and the guy told me, "Oh, that's plume. That's common on well aged cigars." I explained to him that these were big fuzzy spots, not plume*. He repeated the line about plume. I said, "The fuzzy spots are even growing inside the box....mainly on the lid. You're telling me that's plume?" He said, "Yes." At that point, I said to hell with the return, and to hell with TNT. Too many other reputable dealers out there to get all bent about it.

*I had also smoked one, out of curiosity....it was gnarly.

That's the beauty of this community. You should have posted pics of TNT's "plume" so the entire Internet could share your conclusions. Piss this community off and I'll be his Internet sales drop double digits.

I also had a bad experience with TNT. I bought several boxes of Royal Jamaican Gold Churchills from them. They were $8-9.00 a box cheaper than anyone else. Then they were suddenly always out of the Churchill size. I called another on line reseller and bought them. The other reseller also said that they were very popular in the Churchill size during our conversation. A week or so later, I had received an email from TNT about some special, so I went to the web site. They were still out of the RJG Churchills. I called them and got a very rude jackass on the phone. He basically said the cigars aren't that good, and that they don't sell many, and that they were going to stop selling them. I told him that its would be hard for him to sell them, since he hasn't had them in months. The person on the phone was rude, and basically told me I should be smoking another cigar. (I smoke many brands of cigars btw). The next time I tried to access their website, it was down, so I assumed their rudeness, and inability to carry and sell what their customers want put them out of business. If they are still in business, I wont buy from them anymore. -Aaron

My first post...and it's a complaint. I have ordered ciagars from alot of different online sources and never had a bad experience until now. I ordered a box of Oliva Serie V cigars from TNT. It came with a 6 cigar Oliva sampler. I got an email saying they were out of stock on the sampler and they were substituting a 5 pack of Oliva Serie G Robustos. I was dissapointed because I really wanted the sampler to try the different cigars. I sent them an email asking why they were replacing 6 cigars with only 5. Beyond getting one less cigar then what I originally signed up for... the retail price of what the replacement was probably half of the sampler as it contained large sizes of there more expensive brands and the Serie G is there low price line. Am I wrong for being dissapointed? Should I just be happy I got something free? I bet JR would make this situation right.

i recently received an order of 3 boxes from tnt. great prices, okay shipping. packaging could have been better, but the cigars still made it in good shape.

i recently received an order of 3 boxes from tnt. great prices, okay shipping. packaging could have been better, but the cigars still made it in good shape.

Hello and welcome to CP. We really do appreciate the use of proper grammar here, namely capitalizing sentences and so on as it keeps our forum looking neat and professional. If you can refrain from using all lower case, it is appreciated.

I know I'm new here, but I just wanted to say that I have ordered from TNT cigars as recently as last week and had no problems. I ordered a box of Padron 3000 maduros and a bundle of their alternatives. The cigars arrived in good shape, but I was a little curious as to why the box was not wrapped in cellophane. This is my first box purchase so is this common?

Thanks!
Jay

Hello and welcome to CP. We really do appreciate the use of proper grammar here, namely capitalizing sentences and so on as it keeps our forum looking neat and professional. If you can refrain from using all lower case, it is appreciated.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Will try to do so going forward. :)

I know I'm new here, but I just wanted to say that I have ordered from TNT cigars as recently as last week and had no problems. I ordered a box of Padron 3000 maduros and a bundle of their alternatives. The cigars arrived in good shape, but I was a little curious as to why the box was not wrapped in cellophane. This is my first box purchase so is this common?

Thanks!
Jay

Assuming the box was wrapped in the first place, I wouldn't worry about it. So long as you got what you paid for, chalk it up to the vendor inspecting prior to shipment.

I have only once ordered from TNT. It was a sweet price on some Carlos Torano Signatures, with a 20 ct. humidor freebie thrown in. Speaking just for myself on just one transaction, I was completely satisfied and would gladly do business with them again. FWIW.

icxcnika

Hi, Everyone,

I'm a newbie to this board, however, I want to kick in my 2 cents worth in regards TNT Cigars. Over a year ago, I bought a couple of boxes of Vegas de Fonseca from them on deal. They arrived in good condition and I'm enjoying them now (finishing the first box and the flavors are broadening with a sweeter finish from the wrapper).

Last month, I ordered a house brand of yard gars and a box of Fonseca 8-9-8's. At each order of each box/bundle, I was offered another free sampler and when I logged back in to complete the order, I was offered yet another free sampler. I did no hack to get these offers; they were freely given by TNT. The order confirmation shows three free samplers in the order, but when it arrived, there was only one sampler with no explanation.

Besides not getting the cigars I was looking forward to, that is a classic bait-and-switch fraud. I have called three times trying to get some answers, but all I've been able to do is leave a message. My today's message was that if I did not hear from them by close of business today, I will be notifying my bank that they have defrauded me AND will notify the US Attorney in AZ that they have committed mail fraud.

I'll post a message at close of business today about what, if anything, I have heard from TNT.

Good smokin' to all.

P.S. Just heard from TNT. They are short staffed and very apologetic. According to the rep, there was a glitch in the programming of the website. They made an offer to make good, which I accepted, and promised that they would have the website corrected. I'm satisfied overall, but will be more cautious of freebie offers from TNT.

Hi, Everyone,

I'm a newbie to this board, however, I want to kick in my 2 cents worth in regards TNT Cigars. Over a year ago, I bought a couple of boxes of Vegas de Fonseca from them on deal. They arrived in good condition and I'm enjoying them now (finishing the first box and the flavors are broadening with a sweeter finish from the wrapper).

Last month, I ordered a house brand of yard gars and a box of Fonseca 8-9-8's. At each order of each box/bundle, I was offered another free sampler and when I logged back in to complete the order, I was offered yet another free sampler. I did no hack to get these offers; they were freely given by TNT. The order confirmation shows three free samplers in the order, but when it arrived, there was only one sampler with no explanation.

Besides not getting the cigars I was looking forward to, that is a classic bait-and-switch fraud. I have called three times trying to get some answers, but all I've been able to do is leave a message. My today's message was that if I did not hear from them by close of business today, I will be notifying my bank that they have defrauded me AND will notify the US Attorney in AZ that they have committed mail fraud.

I'll post a message at close of business today about what, if anything, I have heard from TNT.

Good smokin' to all.

P.S. Just heard from TNT. They are short staffed and very apologetic. According to the rep, there was a glitch in the programming of the website. They made an offer to make good, which I accepted, and promised that they would have the website corrected. I'm satisfied overall, but will be more cautious of freebie offers from TNT.

I hate to bust your bubble about TNT Cigars, right now getting orders correct or getting orders out at all is the least of that guy's trouble. Rod posted a link late last week or over the weekend (sorry I am terrible at linking threads) apparently this guy has been arrested in plot to kill his wife/ex-wife over a court order to pay her about 400,000. I think the source of the story is the Arizona Republic newspaper. In any event I wish you and any other patrons of TNT Cigars best of luck in getting your issues resolved. :thumbs:

NEWS FLASH: The cigar business has more than its share of unscrupulous people.

Doc.

I hate to bust your bubble about TNT Cigars, right now getting orders correct or getting orders out at all is the least of that guy's trouble. Rod posted a link late last week or over the weekend (sorry I am terrible at linking threads) apparently this guy has been arrested in plot to kill his wife/ex-wife over a court order to pay her about 400,000. I think the source of the story is the Arizona Republic newspaper. In any event I wish you and any other patrons of TNT Cigars in getting your issues resolved. :thumbs:

Bingo.

Wait, this guy is a first-poster, and happens to be complaining and threatening about not getting his FREE SAMPLER? Sounds fishy. Someone related to the case?

A friend of mine knows Dmitri pretty good, he's a regular customer. He was very shocked when I told him about the murder plot.