• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To Nub or Not to Nub?

How far down do you typically try smoke your cigars?

• I always go for the nub!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I smoke them pretty far down, leaving maybe an inch or so.

• I let the cigar tell me when to stop.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely smoke them more than halfway.

• Total voters
I have smoked cigars where all thats left isnt even 1/8" left. Yes, its possible. I've started my beard on fire a few times relighting nubs. Countless burnt fingers and lips got hot a few times. So if you see me smoke a cigar and I dont take it to the nub..its just a crappy cigar. :laugh:

i am still pretty new to cigars but i found that the cigar will let you know when to quit... only smoked a few down to the nub.

I don't finish a plate of bad food and I don't finish a bad cigar.

Yeah... I let the cigar tell me when to stop as well. if the cigar takes a turn, at any stage, for the worse then I don't hesitate to toss it. Life's too short to smoke bad cigars. :)

I generally don't nub 'em, but I am happy when I do, because it is the true sign of a quality cigar...

ALostTexan

Bust out the clips, yo! Seriously though, if it is good I'll smoke it down. If not, it goes in the ashtray!!

Depending on the cigar,I let the cigar tell me when it's ok to nub.I wont go as far as putting a roach clip on the nub but I do/have gone as far as 1/2in left.:D

There is always putting the nub in a pipe and smoking it that way. I know people (read OpusXKC) that have/will do that.

And just for the record, the only time I actually used a clip was with a Partagas 150 back on my 19th birthday

If the cigar is bad down it goes. I really let the expierence tell me what to do if it is good down to nub if not depends on when I lose interest. When I first started smoking I always nubbed thought that was what your suposed to do but then why torture myself for no reason. a average cigar will get smoked to within an inch or so a good one to the nub and a bad one may be put out with only a few puffs on it.

Where do you folks get the talking cigars from? :laugh:

Back in my smoke-anything-that-burns college days I only smoked half-way since Thompson Cigars said so and others confirmed it. Too bad, I had some nice ISOM's back then too (lived across the border from Windsor, Ontario).

When I got married, had kids, no money,etc... I nubbed everything. More bang for the buck!

Now (three decades later) I almost always go for at least the first two-thirds. If the flavor and buzz is nice...its nubbed. If it just gets tarry or soggy and becomes a struggle, I put what is left out in the garage overnight on my stogie-brick to freeze and finish after a day or two. That's only during winter. Summertime they get tossed. Of course, the really bad ones (usually gifted to me) rarely make it past half-way.

I guess that the "value" issue still drives some of my smoking. Lets see: if I smoke a $5 cigar for 4" ($1.25/inch)is that better or worse than a $3 cigar smoked for 3" ($1.00/inch), or not? The answer to that question is probably too mind-boggling for me. ;)

antaean

Usually down to about an inch or so, but that's subject to change depending on the temperature outside or traffic conditions on the ride home from work.

I let the gar do the talking.... if I am enjoying I will nubb it, if not I don't care how much the thing is worth I put it down.... I give them plenty of chance and usually give em three tries....

Cheers

Shooter

A good smoke will usually takes me to the nub...a bad smoke...I snub! :D

yes - there can be a BAD smoke!