• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco Taxes Does It Again...

I was broken hearted when I read this article a couple weeks ago. What a shame. I've frequented this shop for over 30 years. It's this kind of reprehensible bullshit that makes government the enemy of small business. Our interim governor who has stated many times he is against ANY tax increase will let this bill become law unsigned.

First the most broad smoking ban in the country. Now this. The hated evil tobacco must go regardless. Premium cigar smokers in Utah, R.I.P.

It's sad for sure. We still need to get together for some golf and smoke some of our own premium cigars :thumbs:

Wow, back-taxing existing stock too. I can understand taxing new stock.... but stuff that had already been legally bought and paid for, old taxes included. Harsh.

They are not the first ones to do that. Other states did it too. Hawaii proposed it but changed the wording for raising the cigar tax to 50% last year and the pipe tobacco tax to 70%. However, they kept the floor tax on the pipe tobacco! :angry: