• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today was a really tough day

Seadub, sorry to hear of your loss. Like Kenny said though, the good memories will long outlast this time of grief.

Chris,

I am very sorry for your loss. I had to go through the same thing a couple years ago and it was extremely tough. Hang in there.

Jonas

It is always hard when you lose a good dog.
Keep cool mate. You have a good circle of support in this board.

She was a beautiful dog. I have a dog who is 10 years old and is still going strong, though I always think of a time when I may not have him. In life, we do so much for those animals that we love and its hard to admit but the more you love them, the harder it is letting them go. The Rainbow Bridge --- there's a poem that will drive me to tears even thinking about it, but its so true. She'll be waiting there, tail wagging and leash in mouth ready for you to take her home.

It takes time to get your heart and head back together (in 1988 our family put down our 18 year old poodle and it took us a good long time before we ever got over it) but it DOES happen. Then the memories of loving times will forever play in your mind.

Prayers to you, your family, and Murphy.

Darren

Sorry to hear about your loss, Chris. Fire one up and celebrate his life and the joy you've had with him.

sorry to read this Chris. We have 3 dogs and two are going to their 12th year this summer. One is really exhibiting age.

I had to put my lab down in August of 04. I still miss him. I have since gotten another one but I still miss the first. guess i always will.

My condolences to you.

AWWWW, I am so sorry for your loss. I know the pain all to well- I lost my buddy Chico ( a pure breed english bull dog ) during the last set of hurricanes before Wilma-
While I was sleeping a friend let him out to the back yard because he was whining, He drowned in the koi pond... I love bulldogs and thought of getting another, but, everytime I see one I remember Chi- My prayers to you

Sorry for your loss. It is always so painful to lose a loved one be it human or animal. :(

Sorry to hear about this. :(

Do go through the grieving process as YOU need to. Don't let a bunch of people tell you that she was "only a dog." She was an important part of your life and grieving her will be the same as grieving another family member. I've done it twice and it's never easy. Hang in there, do what you need to do, and always remember the joy she brought you.

My thoughts are with you...

My condolences.

I know exaclty how you feel. After putting my two buddies to sleep within a year of each other I still miss them and it's been two years. Remeber all the good times you had.

Losing a 4 legged family member is always tough. Been through it and it sucks.

Hope things turn around for you Chris. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

Thanks again you guys...

I appreciate hearing your experiences and encouragement. :thumbs:

Chris,
So sorry to hear this. As a total dog lover, I know what you are going thru. The only times I have cried like a baby was when 1) my dog died of old age and 2) my other dog had to be put down due to old age and a brain tumor.

gonna hug my big lovable mutts ASAP...

Not much tougher than having to put your beloved friends to sleep.
I'm really sorry to hear about you loss. I rescued my first dog from the humane society as a child and can feel your pain.
Be well, MrTapes