• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Don Pepin Garcia Blue label esquisitos. Starts the first inch or so with pepper. Reminded me of a fresh opus X. Then settled down a bit, still nice and strong but with mellowed roasted coffee, a touch of cedar, and nice strong tobacco. A good amount of smoke is produced. Burn a little off but self correcting. Nice white/silver ash. Reminded me why I started smoking Pepin's back in the day of El Rey de Los Habanos.

Coffee and breakfast...

Being a cigar newbie...I figured I would try something out of my collected samplers that was more on the milder side. I admit, my flavor palate isn't as refined as some of you seasoned veterans out there...but my perception was this:
Draw...not exactly loose but very smooth with the slightest resistance. To my amateurish palate, I tasted more of a creamy leathery note that lasted the entire length of the cigar. Mild but not to mild.
Finish wasn't long lasting but stuck around enough to keep my attention. I like more a medium strength and a cigar that is to mild even for me...makes me think "what's the point in this?" I think back when I was a cigarette smoker and picking up an ultra light when i used to smoke Marlboro Reds. I did not pick up that perception, so for a morning cigar to go with my coffee...I have to admit...I was pleased. I'm unsure which I like more, this...or the tried and true Macanudo Cafe' that I tried recently and really took a liking too...as far as milder sticks are concerned.

IMG_0490_1.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_0491_1.jpg
[/URL]

Illusione Garagiste Short Robusto had been beckoning. Started off with some red pepper zing, gritty earth, and a distinct sweetness, then morphed in to some coffee-earth flavors. May still need a little more rest to knock off the rough edges, but all-in-all a pretty zesty stick.

HA-HA I bought 5 for 19.95 had to try one. Never had a Gurkha before so I figured what the heck. Not a very memorable smoke.
Every once in awhile they come out with a pretty great smoke, but too many are meh.

Having an unbanded lancero with the morning coffee today. Can't remember what it is. I used to know off the top of my head what the unbanded sticks in my humidor were, but I think alcohol erased all those brain cells. I'm going to have to either start labeling them or just not care what they are as long as they're good. The latter seems to be working well for me.