• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

"Cohiba" that was bought in the Dominican Republic a little more than 3 years back. Actually not bad...I guess most things resting for three years can become good, even if fake...

Edit: I'm on the last third and it has been a great smoke. Maybe it was the real thing. I've only had 2 cohibas gifted to me in the past that I believed were real and this is up there.

Last edited:
Never tried one of these as I tend to smoke mostly Cubans these days. What's your opinion on them? What's their profile like?
I'm not very good at profiling a cigar but to me it was very peppery more than I like I really felt it in tha back of my throat. It was medium-full to full bodied. The stogie put out some big billowy clouds of smoke which I enjoyed, smoke rings are always fun.

Edited to add: would not buy this again. Too harsh for my taste.

I'm not very good at profiling a cigar but to me it was very peppery more than I like I really felt it in tha back of my throat. It was medium-full to full bodied. The stogie put out some big billowy clouds of smoke which I enjoyed, smoke rings are always fun.

Edited to add: would not buy this again. Too harsh for my taste.
And that's why I stay away from a lot of the new boutique NC's that came out.

This was supposed to be the best rated size of the Destino Siglos (robusto amistad). Even though this was an amazing cigar, I think the Amor perfecto is much better. My shop had a box of each size (toro, churchill, robusto, perfecto) and I bought em all up on the spot over a year ago. They are resting beautifully!!!!

And that's why I stay away from a lot of the new boutique NC's that came out.
It is true that many boutique brands just are not worth the time. However I personally only found one CC that has blown me away. Before I buy any NC I make sure it matches my flavor profile. Even though I have not purchased CC's I have been gifted too many to count. I had high hopes for CC's in the past. Since I do not purchase based on hype, I do not smoke based on hype. Still trying to discover what the hype is all about. For instance monte #4 was a big fail to me with all the hype. Just MHO no offense.

It is true that many boutique brands just are not worth the time. However I personally only found one CC that has blown me away. Before I buy any NC I make sure it matches my flavor profile. Even though I have not purchased CC's I have been gifted too many to count. I had high hopes for CC's in the past. Since I do not purchase based on hype, I do not smoke based on hype. Still trying to discover what the hype is all about. For instance monte #4 was a big fail to me with all the hype. Just MHO no offense.

I can only parrot what I've been told about numerous things in life.
You don't know what you don't know.

Until you find that CC that makes you quiver, it's difficult to understand. I was meh about CC until recently. I had smoked some that were supposed to be dynamite, and I didn't care for them. I smoked others that were run of the mill daily smokes, and I got bitch-slapped by them.

As with all things, YMMV, but I'm leaning more CC after discovering the light.

Some palettes just don't mesh well with Cuban tobacco. Instead of trying to find a unicorn, keep smoking what you know you enjoy. I've had singles, 2 or 3 of both CC and NC that I know I'll stay away from as they didn't do anything for me despite others speaking highly of them.

I can only parrot what I've been told about numerous things in life.
You don't know what you don't know.

Until you find that CC that makes you quiver, it's difficult to understand. I was meh about CC until recently. I had smoked some that were supposed to be dynamite, and I didn't care for them. I smoked others that were run of the mill daily smokes, and I got bitch-slapped by them.

As with all things, YMMV, but I'm leaning more CC after discovering the light.
Yeah the H Upmann CC I smoked was buttery smooth and amazing. I just know I can get that same flavor from NC at a fraction of the cost and with 0 risk. Risk verses reward is how I look at it. I respect those that enjoy their smokes no matter what they are. They have every right and if they are happy I am happy for them. YEEEEEHAWWWW!!!!!! haha

Yeah the H Upmann CC I smoked was buttery smooth and amazing. I just know I can get that same flavor from NC at a fraction of the cost

Which NC?
In my experience, I've not found anything remotely similar. Its like the difference between white chocolate and dark chocolate. Both are chocolate and both can be delicious. I just don't know that I could ever say one tastes like the other.

Which NC?
In my experience, I've not found anything remotely similar. Its like the difference between white chocolate and dark chocolate. Both are chocolate and both can be delicious. I just don't know that I could ever say one tastes like the other.
He knows he can find a NC that is reminiscent of the H. Uppmann CC. Maybe he just hasn't yet..

Which NC?
A headley grange will do the trick for me. Of course it is my opinion. I have also tried a few CC cohibas inlcuding a 2007 limted edicion. A cohiba red dot from dominican aged 1+ years is better In My opinon. A well aged Graycliff 30 year (from a box) is better then any CC I have ever tried. As well as a la aurora preferido cameroon. There are others but it is all personal preference. Besides the fact no two cigars are the same even if they came out of the same box.

Last edited:
A headley grange will do the trick for me. Of course it is my opinion. I have also tried a few CC cohibas inlcuding a 2007 limted edicion. A cohiba red dot from dominican aged 1+ years is better In My opinon. A well aged Graycliff 30 year (from a box) is better then any CC I have ever tried. As well as a la aurora preferido cameroon. There are others but it is all personal preference.

I believe you are mistaken as there wasn't a Cohiba LE in 2007. It's funny you say you don't buy based on hype, but the last two cigars you posted about smoking were very hyped about cigars at one point in time or another. Nothing wrong with what you enjoy but doesn't mean I will equally enjoy them or agree with you. I've smoked my fair share of Cohiba Red Dots, Graycliffs, Fuentes and though I used to enjoy them, as my palate continues to develop, I find I am reaching far more often for a CC than any other. Not to say that I don't on occasion chase down some hyped up limited release to see what all the hype is about but I normally tend to choose to spend my money where I know I will enjoy what I am paying for. I do enjoy a Cameroon wrapper on a cigar and for a while smoked them exclusively. Just my opinion and no offense intended.