• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

pl5gmN9l.jpg

Habanos 1994

Hey KB, did I tell you I worked with a guy from Chattanooga? I could barely understand him, LOL! He had some great expressions we don't hear up here in the north:

"Them pheasants I was tagging are as dumb as a bag of hammers."

He was a big Vols fan (surprise, surprise). I told him I like the Gamecocks and the Gators and he was about ready to take a swing at me!

Cocks and gators.... Sounds more like a Spurrier fan. :D He was a pretty good player/coach, so I don't have much fault on that. And yeah, you know sometimes I get excited and start making words run together.

Had my first AF DC Personal Reserve tonight. A fair amount of tar towards the end...
IMG_20170818_205224_823.jpg

Are you nearly out of those yet? How did it smoke?
Have two cigars left. This one started out very muted and I almost chucked it. Half way through it picked up and had a toasted almond and cocoa flavors that I remembered. Can't believe I've smoked through 2 boxes of these. This was the first EL that I chased after.

View attachment 17660 like this one. Have some cigars I am letting age. So I'll smoke these now.
Is that the temp from cigar storage or ambient room? I only ask because of the temp and that this is often not understood.
Been curious about the Payback, though.
I'm enjoying this malty San Lotano Oval on the front porch. Beautiful day and a party later to perhaps get another cigar in after some barby.tmp_30230-IMG_20170819_095147492_HDR-1442139028.jpg

Is that the temp from cigar storage or ambient room? I only ask because of the temp and that this is often not understood.
Been curious about the Payback, though.
I'm enjoying this malty San Lotano Oval on the front porch. Beautiful day and a party later to perhaps get another cigar in after some barby.View attachment 17672

That's the room temp. But I store at room temp.

The cigar is Matt Booth's project. I believe Davidoff has something to do with the production and distribution of that cigar. It's a little young. But I love the structure. Triple cap like CC's. Draw may be too loose for some, but perfect for me. Burn is always excellent. Tons of smoke. Ash can go damn near to the band. Very subtle flavors. If you blink, you will miss them. It's more along the light citrus or walnut flavors. Finish is short. I always pair with an apple juice or something like that . It's a mild smoke up until the last 1/3 and then a little bit of medium sneaks up on you. Not a whole lot going on, but that's the kind of smokes I like.