• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2020

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope everyone was happy and safe.

Last cigar of 2019 / First cigar of 2020, and a mini-review

(Once again, thanks, Larry!)

My first Opus, and honestly the only cigar I've ever truly been afraid of. Every single review I've ever read ranges from "moderately swimmy", to, "I pre-ordered my KISS Koffin for just this moment".

I was GREAT outside smoking and reading with all of the Shock and Awe going on around me (they like their fireworks here, apparently). I came inside, made a drink and a snack and walked the stairs for bed. As soon as I got undressed and sat in bed, it felt like the world came down around me. Spinning. Woozy. Sweats. Fear of projectile vomiting if I moved too fast. Fear of things projecting from the inverse end if I didn't move fast ENOUGH... Luckily none of either came to be, and I just pulled my hood down over my eyes to block out any remaining ambient light, cuddled with the dog, and eventually fell off to sleep. I don't remember my wife coming in to bed, though she said she was only a few minutes behind me. Amazing smoke, overall, though (pre-freight train). Very complex. VERY rich and full. About midway through the last third brought a distinct and consistent caramel flavor, which was wonderful. Lots of smoke -- it never needed the slightest touch up, either. A full 2+ hours with that bad boy, taking it easy.

It surprised me, because I've had Connecticuts that had a harder initial hit. However, I think if there was another inch on that stick, I would have died out there where I sat. It came on that quick. Even knowing what I was in for, I'd smoke it again tonight. It's honestly not the worst I've ever felt after a cigar, but usually in those cases I push it well past the point I know I should have deposited it in the ashtray. This one was a sleeper. It didn't hit until after I was done with it, and I was burning my fingers when I finally dropped it in. Although, it's easily the BEST cigar I've ever smoked to feel that bad. :)

Happy New Year to all.

2019 was a good year, I'm still here erect and mosey as best as possible. Today I must give thanks to our man in Rancho Cook-a-munga, Bill, ( CigSid ) for allowing me to experience a varnished Partagas 898 Lonsdale from 1970. How is that possible? They were rolling this stick when I was 27. I am blessed beyond words. So about the cigar.

Before cutting I smelled the wrapper. Cocoa was predominant with a touch of leather. Cut the cap and did a dry draw where I found a hint of spice and a touch more gentle cocoa coming back to me. Smoking was impeccable, fine grey ash, no touch ups at all. I think I got a hint of cashews but I am not a refined island smoker to really know that. What I do know is it lasted for 1.5 hours and just kissed my butt in every way I could hope for.

Thank you Bill for a memorable smoke on this first day of 2020.

3B383F8A-48A4-4397-A89A-5102C322F8CA.jpeg3B383F8A-48A4-4397-A89A-5102C322F8CA.jpegA419F2F5-3200-4142-8B4F-6F4DCD562E24.jpegAAA3A474-3972-40FC-91E0-C32FDA96F401.jpeg3B383F8A-48A4-4397-A89A-5102C322F8CA.jpeg

Happy new year everyone. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves through the last few holiday weeks. 2020 holds many challenges to overcome, wrenches to turn, and most importantly cigars to enjoy. Starting this year off with a tat monster (sadly my box is jumbled and I don’t know exactly which one I’m smoking.) I pray that you all experience great joy and fortune this year and all the years to come.

E1AD2194-D7D1-413F-AA5B-585096A8CC24.jpeg

Cheer, my friends!

A new one to me: La Vieja Habano Bomberito.

A full-flavor, simple, very inexpensive smoke from Drew Estate. Aging potential near zero as these will be gone. ;)
View attachment 29293

What size is that? Did it come in the tin of 10? I bought a bunch of the UC Shade tins, and they are my go-to dog walking smoke. As most know, I'm a pretty big fan DE's traditional cigars, so I'll have to give this one a shot.

What size is that? Did it come in the tin of 10? I bought a bunch of the UC Shade tins, and they are my go-to dog walking smoke. As most know, I'm a pretty big fan DE's traditional cigars, so I'll have to give this one a shot.
4 x 32 and they came in a cardboard box of ten. Great for a quick, cheap smoke. Completely one dimensional but I like the flavor and construction is adequate. Nothing to write home about but it fills the bill during the cold winter months.

Happy New Year to all.

2019 was a good year, I'm still here erect and mosey as best as possible. Today I must give thanks to our man in Rancho Cook-a-munga, Bill, ( CigSid ) for allowing me to experience a varnished Partagas 898 Lonsdale from 1970. How is that possible? They were rolling this stick when I was 27. I am blessed beyond words. So about the cigar.

Before cutting I smelled the wrapper. Cocoa was predominant with a touch of leather. Cut the cap and did a dry draw where I found a hint of spice and a touch more gentle cocoa coming back to me. Smoking was impeccable, fine grey ash, no touch ups at all. I think I got a hint of cashews but I am not a refined island smoker to really know that. What I do know is it lasted for 1.5 hours and just kissed my butt in every way I could hope for.

Thank you Bill for a memorable smoke on this first day of 2020.

View attachment 29279View attachment 29279View attachment 29281View attachment 29280View attachment 29279
Glad you enjoyed it Ed, definitely one of my favorites as well!!