• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

I don't know what the deal is on these Casa Cuba Fuentes, but the places that carry them and have boxes listed won't sell boxes online. Tampa Sweethearts only has one size listed with a box price, Doble Cinco, "Available In Store Only - Call for information". But they sell the other Fuentes (they are Fuentes!) by the box online if they have boxes available. Huh, looks like they won't even sell fivers online. I have done business there.

I see Mike's Cigars carries them (I've never done business there) , "Call to Order", but other Fuentes you can add to cart.

Neptune has them (done business there), but the box of 30 (and fivers here, too) Casa Cuba "Available in Stores Only". They will sell singles online.

Not sure what's up, it's not like they are the most expensive blend or anything and they want to keep scalpers away.

Edit:
OK, called Tampa Sweethearts and asked what the deal was. Basically just Fuente family rules, in store only to help provide a draw to get customers in the door. But TS has been shut down to foot traffic since March '20, so they are relaxing the in store only. You can't order online, you have to order over the phone and they will ship (or you can pick up curbside), but they are selling them.

Last edited:
I don't know what the deal is on these Casa Cuba Fuentes, but the places that carry them and have boxes listed won't sell boxes online. Tampa Sweethearts only has one size listed with a box price, Doble Cinco, "Available In Store Only - Call for information". But they sell the other Fuentes (they are Fuentes!) by the box online if they have boxes available. Huh, looks like they won't even sell fivers online. I have done business there.

I see Mike's Cigars carries them (I've never done business there) , "Call to Order", but other Fuentes you can add to cart.

Neptune has them (done business there), but the box of 30 (and fivers here, too) Casa Cuba "Available in Stores Only". They will sell singles online.

Not sure what's up, it's not like they are the most expensive blend or anything and they want to keep scalpers away.

Edit:
OK, called Tampa Sweethearts and asked what the deal was. Basically just Fuente family rules, in store only to help provide a draw to get customers in the door. But TS has been shut down to foot traffic since March '20, so they are relaxing the in store only. You can't order online, you have to order over the phone and they will ship (or you can pick up curbside), but they are selling them.

If anyone is looking for this blend, Lynn Davies in Port Charlotte (TL) has them, except for the 'Divine Inspiration' vitola.

I have purchased cigars from Lynn for years & TL provides great customer service. :cool:

AF Hemingway Between The Lines

This is my first ever AF BTLs.
I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to barber pole sticks; they just seem a bit gimmicky to me.
I'm more familiar with other offerings & I would have to say the AF BTLs is in a middle ground.
My two favorite barber pole smokes are the (original) Quesada Reserva Privada & the Veritas Three Blends.
The Quesada is the only one of the three that doesn't have the sweet tip so, at least Quesada doesn't cheat. :D

I would certainly purchase more of the (original) Quesada barber pole but I don't believe they are made any longer.
I would also purchase the Veritas Three blends. :cool:
The AF BTLs? Not so much .......

# 1 BTLs 1.jpg

# 1 BTLs 2.jpg

Pretty good. I did like the tiger lily a bit more though. What are your thoughts on these?

We are one the same wavelength. I found the Tiger Lilly has some really interesting notes, not common with Black Label's usual offerings, which was a nice surprise!