• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

Montecristo Open Master
Very tasty and good draw, burn and construction.
Honestly don't see why the Open line is so universally disliked. I have enjoyed a number of the Masters and Regattas and they have been consistently good smokes in every regard.
20210328_100209.jpg

Montecristo Open Master
Very tasty and good draw, burn and construction.
Honestly don't see why the Open line is so universally disliked. I have enjoyed a number of the Masters and Regattas and they have been consistently good smokes in every regard.
View attachment 40638
It is because when Cuba initially made these, they were for the sports enthusiast (like golfers) who didnt really care how the cigar tasted... and they used mostly Volado leaves to make them (bottom of plant, less favor, but very abundant)

It is because when Cuba initially made these, they were for the sports enthusiast (like golfers) who didnt really care how the cigar tasted... and they used mostly Volado leaves to make them (bottom of plant, less favor, but very abundant)

Thanks for the further explanation on these. I knew the "sports enthusiast" part, but was unaware they were intentionally made with a lesser-desired leaf.

For many years I have been a fan of Quesada blends.
Can't go wrong with the Espana, the Reserva Privada, the D'etat Daga, or pretty much any other Quesada blend; they are just great cigars, IMO, of course.
Today I was trying to figure out if I wanted something on the lighter side, the heavier side, or something 'between the lines.' Sorry AF. :p
I decided on a Reserva Privada Barberpole, which I have purchased several boxes of over the past few years, and I have a stash of a few left that are now 3 years in the humi.
What else is there to say about the Quesada Reserva Privada Barberpole other than GIVE ME MORE!!!!!!!
Pictured below at pre-cut, lighting, 30, 60, 90, and 110 minutes.
Goes great with some Grand Marnier on the rocks. :cool:

Reading an older article on these from Halfwheel where Charlie rated these a 93 :cool:

Might have to purchase a few more. :)