• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

Casa Cuba Flor Fina

This is a first for me, I believe. Band says “Santiago”, which I believe is also a first. I know nothing about this cigar. The aroma is very inviting, and the cold draw is… unique. Can’t place it. Neither good nor bad — just a unique flavor.

3B23B588-7502-4AF8-86B2-92EEBC1B1449.jpeg

Casa Cuba Flor Fina

This is a first for me, I believe. Band says “Santiago”, which I believe is also a first. I know nothing about this cigar. The aroma is very inviting, and the cold draw is… unique. Can’t place it. Neither good nor bad — just a unique flavor.

View attachment 46079
I'm not a huge Fuente-whore, but Casa Cuba is a darkhorse in their lineup. I really enjoy the Doble Tres whenever I happen to pick it up at my local.

The story is this is Carlos' final masterpiece, blended over the phone from his hospital bed.

This is a 'yesterdays' smoke; fired it up last evening @ 7:20 PM & enjoyed it for a solid 1 hour, 50 minutes.

Casa Cuba ‘Divine Inspiration’ Sun Grown (6 1/8 x 47) - as listed on the Tampa Sweethearts web site

This was my 100th cigar of 2021, and this was my first & only Casa Cuba. From my 14+ years of cigar experience this seems to be a fairly unique blend. There were moments when the cigar reminded me of an Opus X, some moments when it reminded me of a Litto Gomez Diez but these were only reminders. This blend, at least to my palette, is no 'copy cat' but rather stands on its' own.
Flavors & aromas were all well defined. Nutmeg, cedar, creme brulee, cashew, grass/hay, were the most dominant but I did get an unexpected surprise @ the 40 minute mark; vinegar. o_O I thought, wow, that is weird but strangely I liked it. It was the only draw from the cigar that offered any hint of vinegar; there & then gone.
The cigar was overall very smooth, never harsh, and the construction was basically near perfect. My favorite experience was during the first hour. The next 50 minutes of smoking time did not meet the same level of the first hour.
I don't believe the Casa Cuba blend is one that a novice cigar smoker would likely enjoy because the flavors are not in your face. This cigar excelled at offering subtle, yet very defined flavors & aromas; something a more mature palette is more likely to appreciate.
Again, based on my experience, I see the Casa Cuba as a unique blend, a blend that I enjoyed very much.
I would have no issue purchasing a box of these, based on availability. IMHO these are certainly box worthy.
YMMV

# 1 Casa Cuba.jpg

I'm not a huge Fuente-whore, but Casa Cuba is a darkhorse in their lineup. I really enjoy the Doble Tres whenever I happen to pick it up at my local.

The story is this is Carlos' final masterpiece, blended over the phone from his hospital bed.
Wow, that was a Fuente? I honestly had no idea. I will agree that it was a masterpiece -- very subtle nuances that were there, but not in your face. The first third was exceptional, but the rest of it was damn good, as well.