• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2022

I got one coming. Hopefully better then that EL 19 Melenio I had. Pretty sure that was plugged mind.

Well, after changing to a more powerful motor I managed to smoke the original control board (pun intended...) Tonight I finished wiring up a different design and made a few other changes.

An Oliva Protégé to celebrate being back in bidness!

20220119_195252-01.jpeg

Undercrown Rubusto
View attachment 51277

Should've stuck with my original choice of Punch Punch tbh...
I don't think anyone here will tell you not to smoke the Punch over anything else, but my personal recommendation is to not write off any of the Undercrown line (Maduro, Shade, and Sun Grown) until you've tried them in a Corona vitola. I feel that Drew Estate really hit on the sweet spot for their blends with that size.

I don't think anyone here will tell you not to smoke the Punch over anything else...
As someone who has smoked many boxes of the UC maduro in everything from corona to their gran toro, I definitely 2nd this. Personally, I think you (Hix) got their best wrapper (M) and size (R). But it's all relative.

Hix, do you like their LP#9 or T52? I also don't recommend nixing (hixing?) ANY cigar if you've only smoked it outside. I love smoking outside, but not when making a decision regarding a stick.

Outside, we lose a lot of what makes us enjoy cigars so much... their aroma and their burn. Inside I get all the amazing aromas and have my olfactory senses in overdrive looking for nuances or something new. And I don't have wind or other conditions screwing with my burn and overall experience.

Enjoy the Punch.. it's a great stick. But I'd implore you to give the UC's another shot. If you need one let me know. I have all 3 wrappers in various sizes plus the 10 year anniversary stick. And if you haven't had the other DE Liga's I mentioned yet... well.. shit... why the hell not??

Jk. I can get you out those too if you honestly haven't had the pleasure yet. 🤙

As someone who has smoked many boxes of the UC maduro in everything from corona to their gran toro, I definitely 2nd this. Personally, I think you (Hix) got their best wrapper (M) and size (R). But it's all relative.

Hix, do you like their LP#9 or T52? I also don't recommend nixing (hixing?) ANY cigar if you've only smoked it outside. I love smoking outside, but not when making a decision regarding a stick.

Outside, we lose a lot of what makes us enjoy cigars so much... their aroma and their burn. Inside I get all the amazing aromas and have my olfactory senses in overdrive looking for nuances or something new. And I don't have wind or other conditions screwing with my burn and overall experience.

Enjoy the Punch.. it's a great stick. But I'd implore you to give the UC's another shot. If you need one let me know. I have all 3 wrappers in various sizes plus the 10 year anniversary stick. And if you haven't had the other DE Liga's I mentioned yet... well.. shit... why the hell not??

Jk. I can get you out those too if you honestly haven't had the pleasure yet. 🤙
Yes I too am swearing off undercrown in various sizes including Anniversary editions and other DE Ligas.🤣