• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a '98 RyJ Churchill. The cigar was enjoyable but I think it was past its prime. Far too mild for me.

This evening: CAO LX2 robusto, a fantastic full bodied flavor profile, just what I was looking for.

Joya de Nicaragua Gran Consul. Man, this thing was packed and took forever to burn. It was from '08.

After lunch, I fired up an H. Upmann Magnum 46 (my first H. Upmann) on my back lawn. The draw cold tasted of dried fruit and sweet tobacco. The first third was a tad harsh, it left a bitter aftertaste. That changed abruptly in the second third, settling into a very smooth taste with thicker smoke, the bitterness completely gone. To contrast the smoothness, it left a hot pepper feeling on the lips, although not on the tongue. The last third settled into a thicker, creamy smoke with heavy chocolate notes. The spiciness drifted away and I was left with a very smooth, satisfying, chocolatey smoke that you could almost chew on. Quite complex, and more than I was expecting!

This stick was given to me in a trade with a first rate BOTL on this board. Thanks bro!

hup1.JPG

hup2.JPG

And to continue an Oliva-themed Pentecost Sunday...

Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
Nub Conn. 464 Torpedo
Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicoso

Last night was a Diplo #1 from '05 that was excellent
Tonight I am smoking a 2 yr old WOAM that is very good so far....always a reliable smoke.

Started with a Padron no.9 maddie before lunch,
nubbed a Lost City robo and THAT was a great cigar (now I know why you hoard those things MuMike
laugh.gif
)
and to test my stock, a La Riqueza no.5.

One more undecided stick after dinner and I will be ready for work tomorrow!

I had a Dunhill Signed Range Corona and it was quite magnificent... I need more of these!!!

mms_picture-1.jpg

Had a San Cristobal Fabuloso and an '06 Shark today . . . two of my favorites, and they certainly did not disappoint.

~Boar

I smoked a HdM EL from 2007. A great smoke before the nasty storms hit here.

A Johnny-O pigtail short followed by a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 robusto.

Yesterday's sticks:

08 CoRo
06 Sig III courtesy of a generous brother on this board
01 JL Patricias

it was a good day
thumbs-up.gif

Between Thursday and Sunday: Trini Fundadores, Trini Coloniales, Padron 2K, Padron '26 #6, Padron 44 FR, Padron '64 Corona, Padron '64 Exclusivo, Cohiba Sig II, Graycliff Dbl. Espresso, Air Bender, BGM, WOAN, LFD Mysterio Nat, LFD Factory Press II, RASS, BBF, 858 Rosado (new release) and about a dozen others that aren't coming to mind right now. I'm cigar'd out for awhile, but what a weekend it was.

Between Thursday and Sunday: Trini Fundadores, Trini Coloniales, Padron 2K, Padron '26 #6, Padron 44 FR, Padron '64 Corona, Padron '64 Exclusivo, Cohiba Sig II, Graycliff Dbl. Espresso, Air Bender, BGM, WOAN, LFD Mysterio Nat, LFD Factory Press II, RASS, BBF, 858 Rosado (new release) and about a dozen others that aren't coming to mind right now. I'm cigar'd out for awhile, but what a weekend it was.

Wow, Clint! And I thought my lineup this weekend was good! :blush:

Cuchilios Cubanos 46 on the way into work.

This is a great, cheap smoke. I need to order more soon.

I was taking some stuff out of the Beast and ran into a bunch of Opus X bands. :0 So I smoked a Johnny-O Cazador Shagfoot. Then it started to ran and called it a morning with a little over 1" left.

This weekend I smoked...

A Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Corona (Natural) while I worked the grill on the patio for dinner with friends on Saturday night.

A Fuente Fuente Opus X Reserva D'Chateau Saturday night after dinner as the guys congregated around the fire pit helping the kids out from time to time with their s'mores.

A Padron 1964 Anniverary Series Monarca (Maduro) on Sunday night as I watched my beloved Lakers bite the dust to Los Suns in the 4th quarter. The loss prevented me from truly enjoying what should have been an exceptional cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.