• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My allergies have been acting up and I decided to see how mucked up my sinuses are. Smoked a DE Tabak Especial Negro and was surprised that I seemed to get a fairly full flavor from it. Lots of coffee and chocolate although it petered out as the cigar smoked through. Not a bad smoke, would like to try another (and have a Dulce put aside to try for another day).

I've been smoking more cigars than I usually do of late. Now I am working on my 858 SG's that I was going to save. hahaha!!!

Sat down with Audi Kraut for a Panacea White, a AF Exquisitos, and a Namakubi Roxxo. The Roxxo was intriguing, I'm going to have to smoke another with a clean palate and unmucked sinuses. It was very full and very mellow...

Had a Babalu double mad with some Woodford Reserve. Don't know if the cigar was really mild or if the Woodford just overpowered it. Really beginning to like Woodford Reserve.

If that's the same Babalu from Holt's I smoked a 5'ver from them and I'd lean towards the mild side. I see they're natural ecuadorian wrapped cigars, did you find a new double maduro from somewhere?

Tonight after a long day I had the pleasure of smoking my first SS Maduro courtesy of John/Investandprosper. I thought it would be too short for walking the dogs, but that sucker lasted all the way home. It was a great ending, super stoked I picked that cigar. Now I know why guys are chasing these down!

Thanks John

Sorry, spelling. That was a Bobalu double maddie. Not sure when it came out, but its advertised as a new product. Pic and link have an 08 timestamp...

http://www.livecigarrollers.com/cigars_nicaraguan%20Double%20maduro%202008.php

Wrapper: Double Maduro Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler:Nicaragua

I sent one to TallPaul, I'd like to hear if he smoked his and what his impression was.

I was planning on smoking it tomorrow night... I'll let you know what I think.

Last two smokes have been both Oliva V's. No. 4 and the lancero. Both where a little dissapointing. I wondering if my taste is changing as this is a cigar I have truey enjoyed in the past. And the humi is full of them. The lancero had a really tough draw, not a whole lot of smoke.

I might have to start gifting these if they don't get better.

I should've been working on moving stuff but instead I swilled whiskey and smoked a Panacea Red(good, and I'm looking forward to another), a Nick's Stick maddie(decent, I think I like the sun-grown better but worth trying again) and a RyJ Romeo's Court(pleasant smoke, but the tightest draw I've ever encountered).

LHOR Small Batch CG(Pepin made) - I've enjoyed each one I've smoked so far. All slightly different, though. "Small Batch" is misleading as these seem to be from various batches with varying wrapper colors. All very tasty.

For $60 shipped(20), I ain't complaining too much. ;)

A Tat Red Label. I guess I am not quite over this cold. I could not taste it very well, but it was relxing just to be smoking!

Last two smokes have been both Oliva V's. No. 4 and the lancero. Both where a little dissapointing. I wondering if my taste is changing as this is a cigar I have truey enjoyed in the past. And the humi is full of them. The lancero had a really tough draw, not a whole lot of smoke.

My tastes have been changing for the last couple of years since I started seriously dabbling with cigars. I've been sitting on a 2/3 full box of lanceros and only now do I appreciate the flavor more. Try waiting 6 months before gifting them all away, you may come full circle and like them again. It's happened to me on several different cigar brands. Isn't this hobby a bit mysterious at times?

Last night I smoked one of those Oktoberfest Uber 6 x 65 cigars I got from Fia at a recent smoker. Everyone at the station was tripping on the size of that smoke! I paired it with a soda though the cigar was blended to pair with beer. Not bad! Good draw, got a good buzz from it (with that much tobacco how can you not! ), super plenty smoke and the burn was straight as any smaller cigar. Thanks Jon!

Today I had time for one small cigar and I found a tat noellas '07 that I got from Kingantz. Hmm, 4 year old tat. I was surprised, lots of flavor, burn was great, I nubbed that cigar! I hope all of Pete's creations will age as nicely as this brown label did. Thanks Greg!

I smoked the same cigar for "breakfast" the last two days - '10 SCDLH EP. The younger ones have lighter flavors of vanilla that compliment my morning coffee. :p

Cohiba Siglo VI. I've been sitting on this box for over a year now and they still taste like crap (sort of like soapy hay). Sticks look fine. Bands look good. Box and seals all look good. Maybe in another year or so they'll come around, or by then I'll just finally accept they ain't the real deal :laugh:

Had a Babalu double mad with some Woodford Reserve. Don't know if the cigar was really mild or if the Woodford just overpowered it. Really beginning to like Woodford Reserve.

If that's the same Babalu from Holt's I smoked a 5'ver from them and I'd lean towards the mild side. I see they're natural ecuadorian wrapped cigars, did you find a new double maduro from somewhere?

Tonight after a long day I had the pleasure of smoking my first SS Maduro courtesy of John/Investandprosper. I thought it would be too short for walking the dogs, but that sucker lasted all the way home. It was a great ending, super stoked I picked that cigar. Now I know why guys are chasing these down!

Thanks John

Sorry, spelling. That was a Bobalu double maddie. Not sure when it came out, but its advertised as a new product. Pic and link have an 08 timestamp...

http://www.livecigar...duro%202008.php

Wrapper: Double Maduro Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler:Nicaragua

I sent one to TallPaul, I'd like to hear if he smoked his and what his impression was.

I was planning on smoking it tomorrow night... I'll let you know what I think.

I sat down to this nice oily looking stick with my favorite dink a cran&vodka...

Please remember I am very new to the cigar world. So to voice my opinon on a cigar for the first time is alittle hard. I would have to say that this cigars draw was very loose and at first light it started to tunnel alittle. After the first third it started to come back and became very enjoyable. I would have to agree it was more of a mild smoke to me than a medium smoke. Your link states that they compare it to a Padron ( I assume the *000 series) and to me the only thing with this cigar that compares to a Padron is the price. I think that it was a very smooth cigar that produced a lot of mild lightly creamy smoke. It was not a bad smoke and I would definatly by a few to age to see how they age and if they get any stronger and better with age!

Thanks again Joe for throwing this one in for me to try.

Paul

gallery_13257_1492_792720.jpg

Enjoying a Berger & Argenti Classico that was gifted to me by Andy. Very nice stick, might become a go to stick for me.

Last two smokes have been both Oliva V's. No. 4 and the lancero. Both where a little disappointing. I wondering if my taste is changing as this is a cigar I have truly enjoyed in the past. And the humi is full of them. The lancero had a really tough draw, not a whole lot of smoke.

My tastes have been changing for the last couple of years since I started seriously dabbling with cigars. I've been sitting on a 2/3 full box of lanceros and only now do I appreciate the flavor more. Try waiting 6 months before gifting them all away, you may come full circle and like them again. It's happened to me on several different cigar brands. Isn't this hobby a bit mysterious at times?
I just got some Oliva V #4s and smoked one OTT. I think Oliva did a great job adapting this blend to the smaller ring gauge.

I also smoked a '10 Por Larranaga Encantos RE Asia and really enjoyed this young cigar. Lots of flavor right from the first puff. PLPC on steroids. :p

After reading a number of the threads about tastes changing it seems it's usually the smoker and not the cigars. Allergies, pollutants, and smoking alot are three possible culprits. The olfactory senses are very sensitive and can be affected by very small amounts(molecules).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back