• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went all out this weekend and smoked a Bolívar Simones RE Canadá 07', Romeo y Julieta EL Exhibición No.2 00', CoLa 02', CoRo 03', Dip #5 01' and a Rafael Gonzalez 01'. Every single smoke was fantastic and enjoyed with good company!

Very nice lineup. These made for a helluva weekend, I'm sure!

Torched an El Mejor Emerald Belicoso last night...pretty good, not really my flavor though. Seem like they'd be really really good with a few months or a year of age...mine was pretty fresh. The shaggy foot transitioning to the corojo wrapper was a fun experience though, it was cool to taste the blast of flavor once I hit the wrapper!

Right now sitting out on the porch with my wife smoking an old Perdomo Cuban Parejo Belicoso. Pretty good nicaraguan, I remember them being pretty strong when I smoked them a few years ago...this one seems to have have mellowed out considerably.

Tonight I had a Oliva Serie V Liga Especial that I received from a recent newbie swap. I really enjoyed this and would like to buy some more. Unfortunately, I can not seem to find them on the on-line stores I frequent. Does anyone know of a place they can be purchased? Thank you.

Smoking an Illusione eccj and am very upset because I have now found ANOTHER cigar that will have to be put in the regular lineup. Damn you Jake for putting this in my newbie sampler! :angry: :laugh:

In all seriousness this is a great cigar! :thumbs:

Smoking an Illusione eccj and am very upset because I have now found ANOTHER cigar that will have to be put in the regular lineup. Damn you Jake for putting this in my newbie sampler! :angry: :laugh:

This is hands down my favorite Illusione . . . and I love Illusiones! Split the first box my local B&M got in with another BOTL, smoked 'em ALL the following week, went back and talked Scotty into ordering me TWO more boxes! :laugh:

Fantastic smokes.

~Boar

My first Tat Noella (on SPIVY's recommendation), followed by a Tat J21, followed by an Oliva Series V Lancero given to me by the rep who just happened to stop in the shop while I was there. It felt like a Saturday... :)

Smoked my first Opus Maduro Friday. It was the BBMF Maduro from the 22 set. Kind of a let down IMO. I was exspecting a lot more flavor & strength. Glad I got this in a trade & didn't spend the cash on it. My favorites are still the smaller ring gauge Opus.

Pinar del Rio Oscuro Toro. I'm quickly running out of these :blush:

1926 #6 maduro. Best resting for about a year and was just about perfect. This cigar has never disappointed me... ever.

This is hands down my favorite Illusione . . . and I love Illusiones! Split the first box my local B&M got in with another BOTL, smoked 'em ALL the following week, went back and talked Scotty into ordering me TWO more boxes! :laugh:

Fantastic smokes.

~Boar
I had my first Illusione ECCJ this weekend. Loved it. Have any of you smoked an epernay yet? How does it compare?

...Trinidad Ingenios EL '07 after lunch...

So does this mean a review is forthcoming?

Ah, just saw this. This was actually one from the split we did a good while back Khari. I don't know about yours, but holy cow these things are smoking incredible! The Ingenios to me don't smoke like the other Trini vitolas, I mean they do have a similar profile, however there's just a richer flavor to these Ingenios. Fantastic!

Smoked a WOAM form '05 earlier this evening, had a friend come over and we grilled out inch and a half thick ribeyes and then had a La Riqueza No. 5 right before Heroes came on.

Believe it or not, I haven't smoked any. If you think it's that good then I need to try one while I can still get more!

Finished a Mag 50 a while ago.

Just a few smokes I had on Sunday great day …. :cool:
april22-07312.jpg

My first Liga was gifted by Nasty after smoking that one had to get more :D
april22-07304.jpg

I had my first Illusione ECCJ this weekend. Loved it. Have any of you smoked an epernay yet? How does it compare?

From a product description on Newhavanacigars.com (Thanks Monk)

This blend originally debuted in 2008 through the e c c j 15th limited
release*.From this blend, Epernay has been made into four unique and exciting
sizes with a combination of Criollo and Corojo tobaccos. The cigar is finished with
a superior-grade Café Rosado coverleaf. The Epernay blend is very complex and
perfectly balanced treating the palate to hints of coffee and honey, further
enhanced through the olfactory with floral notes, and a creamy finish.

From this I take it's essentially the same blend, just in different vitolas, can anyone confirm or deny this? This was my first eccj, and have yet to have an epernay, but if it's the same blend I can't imagine I wouldn't like it! :laugh:

From this I take it's essentially the same blend, just in different vitolas, can anyone confirm or deny this? This was my first eccj, and have yet to have an epernay, but if it's the same blend I can't imagine I wouldn't like it! :laugh:

LOL...exactly why I am asking. Saw the description and just wanted a confirmation from members before springing for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.