• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opus X Fuente Fuente this afternoon. Nice unexpected kick to these.

Just lit up a Davidoff Mil Short Robusto. Great smoke thus far! :thumbs:

Drinking the Gentlemen Jack again and I have to say, this stuff is smooth!

just finished my first Oliva V torpedo. Pretty nice to say the least, but will probably be aging the rest.

just finished my first Oliva V torpedo. Pretty nice to say the least, but will probably be aging the rest.

The first Oliva V I had was fantastic, the second however was a bit "meh." I've got one more in the humi that I'll give some down time to see what age does to this smoke.

Halfway through a Ambos Mundos Sumatra No. 2. This is quite possibly the best $5 stick I've ever smoked :love:

I'm almost halfway through an Avo Companero that was gifted to me. OMG! What a great cigar! Definitely add one of these to your Must Smoke list. Most unique cigar I've ever smoked. :thumbs: Who wants to split a box?

I'm almost halfway through an Avo Companero that was gifted to me. OMG! What a great cigar! Definitely add one of these to your Must Smoke list. Most unique cigar I've ever smoked. :thumbs: Who wants to split a box?

That good huh? I'll have to try one tomorrow. I considered smoking one today but didn't want to spend that much time smoking. I went with the Short Story instead. Good smoke.

Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2 this morning, not great but still good.

I'm nearing the halfway point on a Monte #2. First one of these I've had in some time, and man, what garbage. Hands down, the poorest contstructed cigar I've seen/touched/smoked in a VERY long time. Draw finally just opened up a little, wrapper is splitting all over the place, crooked, ehhh. Frustrating I guess. Its like they make these in training class for torcedors so they have enough to meet demand. Unique flavors, but not worth the aggrevation. I'm having a bad cigar week, I wish my divinos would show up already :(

I went to a Nub Cigar Event today. What a blast!

I had:

Oliva Serie V Double Robusto
Punch RS12
Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Maduro Robusto
Nub Cameroon

Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2 this morning, not great but still good.

I'm nearing the halfway point on a Monte #2. First one of these I've had in some time, and man, what garbage. Hands down, the poorest contstructed cigar I've seen/touched/smoked in a VERY long time. Draw finally just opened up a little, wrapper is splitting all over the place, crooked, ehhh. Frustrating I guess. Its like they make these in training class for torcedors so they have enough to meet demand. Unique flavors, but not worth the aggrevation. I'm having a bad cigar week, I wish my divinos would show up already :(

I've got two boxes of these in the cooler, and I would agree. I should've checked for reviews like this before blowing $450 on these things. I've had a few that were nothing short of amazing, but my first 3-4 ever were like this. Let them age for about 6 months before even trying another one and see if it helps.

Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2 this morning, not great but still good. I'm having a bad cigar week, I wish my divinos would show up already :(
I've gone through a couple boxes of the JL Coronas and they are the flavorful ones in the line. No.1 next followed by No.2 . All the same flavor, just more concentrated the smaller the ring size.

I've been dying to try the Juan Lopez Obus Regional Edicion but can't afford a box. Maybe one day I'll do a WTB and hope for a brother to sell me one.

Had a 1948 Padilla Churchill and thought it was very tasty and Cubanesque in construction and flavor profile. More intense flavor than most Cubans, though.

I can't wait to try the '01 HdM Churchills coming my way. The reviews run so hot and cold on these. ANd I've never tasted "salt" in a cigar before! ???

Steve

Started off the day with a BBF and then had a 2003 Opus PL. Both smoked great! :thumbs:

Just finished a CAO Brazilia that was very tasty. Although the last quarter of it kept going out, and the draw was difficult toward the end. Might I be doing something wrong?

Just finished a CAO Brazilia that was very tasty. Although the last quarter of it kept going out, and the draw was difficult toward the end. Might I be doing something wrong?

Mayne too much humidity in that stick??

Planning on torching a Bolivar Coronas Gigantes tonight. Received it in Smokyballs original "WAR" back in 06!

Finished an '07 DPG blue lancero that was pretty fantastic. Right now I'm smoking an unbanded PC sized cigar that I received from an unknown person a month or so back. Not bad, I say...

Just finished an Onyx churchill. Not the best Onyx I ever had. It had some serious burn issues and with 1/4 left it would not stay lit. I think I am going to reduce the humidity in my humidor to around 65%. I had been keeping it around 70%. Several larger sticks lately have not performed very well.

'98 HU Super Corona and '99 Monte Especial. The SC was an ok cigar, but for whatever reason, they just don't do it for me. The Monte was really good though; shame I only have 15 or so left :(

Status
Not open for further replies.