• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I had a Tatuaje Reserva SW Maduro from 2009 that was amazing. Lots of sweet cocoa flavors and I swear around the halfway point it tasted like toasted marshmallows for about 15 minutes.

Nosotros Corona Larga. It was good. If there wasn't a Nosotros band on it, I would have sworn I was smoking an Illusione cg:4

Reyes Family Vintage Toro while mowing the lawn this morning.
Padilla Miami Robusto this afternoon.
Man O' War Ruination Belicoso this evening.

I had a Tatuaje Black Ceramic Jar Release, it was very unfulfilling, after all the raving and reviews of them I was a little disappointed. Maybe I got a bad one!

With Mr. Peat, OpusXKC, Smokyballs, and fatman1267. Started with an Opus robusto and now an Opus TAA from '03. Amazing cigar.

Watched Smokyballs tap out to an Opus Princess D. Strongest cigar I've ever tried.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

With Mr. Peat, OpusXKC, Smokyballs, and fatman1267. Started with an Opus robusto and now an Opus TAA from '03. Amazing cigar.

Watched Smokyballs tap out to an Opus Princess D. Strongest cigar I've ever tried.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

It was funny to see Brad throw in the towel on this one. I said when I got the CFCF 2008 that the Princesa D was the one that had the greatest potential before I smoked it. I have since smoked several of them to know its like a Opus X Petit Lancero on steroids. Even with 1 1/2 years on them, they still haven't gotten mellow at all. I still think in 5+ years age on this it will be one of the Opus X that will be a cigar that is pure bliss. Once it has been aged.

So today I started with a Johnny-O Cazadore Shagfoot on the trip down. I then smoked another one while driving down to KC. I get to the Outlaw and smoked a Queen B which didn't hit the spot as I had hoped it would. I then had some Chinese rice from the place at hen House. I fired up a Opus X Chili Pepper from the CFCF 2008 box. It still had a awesome kick to it. After tony showed up at the Outlaw, I smoked a Padron 1926 #2 maduro and the wrapper was like sand paper. We went to the Jersualem Cafe for dinner and that was yummy once again. We met up at The Elms with a few other CP'ers including Brad. many good cigars went down. That is when I smoked the Opus x lost City Robusto and was completely disappointed. I had high hopes and well I was let down hard. It had a great burn but it was to bland for me. Way to mild. Everyone else that tried it got the same thing as I did. I'd bought one for Tony so he smoked his at the same time as I did. Oh well...now I know. The Opus x lost City Lancero with the black band has to be the same blend as it had some of the same things as the Robusto. I still love the Lancero with the black band. A different animal from the normal Opux X Lancero.

Went back to Tony's place and finished off the night with a Anejo #77 aka Shark. It was better than the Lost City Robusto for me. A good way to end the night.

Last night I had a Nat Sherman Maduro Metropolitan and a DaVinci - (Exhibicion D, I think.) Nubbed that one - went far beyond my expectations.

Yesterday was a Padron 1926 #35 maduro. It sucked.
It was thin, light and loose. It just didn't have all of the usual
goodness and deliciousness. It was quite bitter. Guess it was
just a bad one. Rarely do I get a bad #35 or any 1926 for that
matter.

Going to Jazz @ Lincoln Center with my daughter today.
Not sure what I'll smoke afterwards.

Today I had a Leon Jimenes robusto. Pretty decent smoke- Somewhat one dimensional but I wasn't looking for a complex smoke. Wouldn't hesitate to buy a box of these to keep around for everydays.

I had an Arganese Double Wrap Robusto with my sister and an old friend, what a nice end to a long day! :D

I was at a huge HERF today:

'99 Montecristo A
Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Belicoso
'08 PLPC
601 Green Robusto

Yesterday was a Jaime Garcia robusto and a BHK 56.
Today I smoked a La Reloba robusto and just finished a pre release Opus Rising X.

We had some good friends over for a cookout this evening. After dinner, the men fired up cigars. I had two great smokes -- LFD Grand Maduro # 5 from 2003, and an Opus X Love Affair.

Those Jaime Garcias have scrumptious looking wrappers on them.

I had a damn fine HdM Petite Robusto today. The pipe took me after that. ;)

After yesterday's bender, I only smoked 2 cigars today. I pulled out a Cuban Belicoso that may have been a year plus old smoke. I finished the night with a Hemingway Signature I've had for a couple of years. The wrapper looked like it had skin cancer so I decided to smoke it finally. No it wasn't a maduro. Still a good smoke.

It's been a great week of smokes. Got to hang out with a couple fine CPers and enjoyed some of the best cigars I have smoked to date.

1996(not sure if this is right but that's what was on the cello) Don Carlos Belicoso
1997 Opus X No.2
LGC RE Cuba Jar Release

Status
Not open for further replies.