• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cohiba Maduro 5 while watching my kids playing in the pool here in the village. Nice, relaxing afternoon.

Had my first Brickhouse today and really enjoyed it. I had the thinnest rg they had, 46 maybe?, and was pleasantly surprised. Also had an Aurora 100yr. Still love these.

Had my first Brickhouse today and really enjoyed it. I had the thinnest rg they had, 46 maybe?, and was pleasantly surprised. Also had an Aurora 100yr. Still love these.
Two of my favorites right there, I smoked the 46ring, corona larga, too. Great balance between spice and sweetness with just the right kick for me.

I smoked my first Oliva Cain Daytona today(robusto). Not bad - great construction - good flavor. But nothing to separate it from the competition. But a solid smoke, IMO.

And, of course, another '08 RASCC. I may be addicted to RASCC! :love:

In my ongoing effort to break out of my typical cigar mold (pun intended) I tried a Villager 1888. It was flat, boring, and had a stomach rolling sweet smell to the smoke so I only got about half way through. I won't soon be trying that again. To get the taste (or lack there of) out of my mouth and nose I lit up a young Boli RC. They always hit the spot.

Sampled an El Centurion robo while doing light pruning in the yard. I remember buying a handful of them when they were plentiful and don't remember them tasting this good. Time has been good to them, or else my palate can now appreciate them!
laugh.gif

Also lit up a 2011 My Father LE toro while on duty. That cigar had me buzzed and I was only halfway through it. I liked that it was a full bodied cigar but when it was done, I have to say the flavor profile didn't fit what i would consider box worthy.

I still appreciated the opportunity to try them, so a shout out goes to bruddah Isy for the sticks. Thank you sir!
thumbs-up.gif

My first Padron 2000, today.

I made two mistakes, both of which I recognize and own up to. First, I bought a fiver from CI. Second, I only let it sit overnight before firing one up. I KNEW that anything that comes in here needs to sit about a month in the humidor before I'm really happy with it, but I was really anxious to try one of these after hearing so many talk them up. It was a complete failure. There was no flavor in it, at all, though I kept waiting and hoping that something would happen, which is the only reason I didn't just give in and toss it. In a few weeks I'll come back to one of the remaining four and see what a difference a nice rest makes.

I made two mistakes, both of which I recognize and own up to. First, I bought a fiver from CI. Second, I only let it sit overnight before firing one up. I KNEW that anything that comes in here needs to sit about a month in the humidor before I'm really happy with it, but I was really anxious to try one of these after hearing so many talk them up. It was a complete failure. There was no flavor in it, at all, though I kept waiting and hoping that something would happen, which is the only reason I didn't just give in and toss it. In a few weeks I'll come back to one of the remaining four and see what a difference a nice rest makes.

While I generally agree with you, letting any cigar shipment from anywhere rest a little bit before attempting to smoke one is a good idea, I'm not sure it would have made that big a difference. In other words if you just seriously didn't like that Padron 2000, waiting a month or a year or whatever isn't going to magically make it a cigar you'll like - just an older cigar you don't care for...
;)

If for example, you LOVE padron 2000's, and smoke a new one soon after receiving it, and its profile is a little different from what you normally like about them, say its a little harsh, or whatever, that's when waiting/aging pays off... thats my $0.02 anyway.

Bottom line: Sometime other people will simply LOVE a cigar YOU don't like... :p That's why they make soooo many different blends.

Holy Lance from an old box at a local B&M. Great cigar to kick the weekend! Not to mention, I smoked it with Ketch and Mr. G! :)

La Aroma de Cuba robusto tonight while mowing. Hopefully the first of many this weekend.

Padron Londres Maduro while BBQ'ing and just lit a FR45 under the moonlight.

I'll be up 'till midnight with this one! :)

edit: This bad boy took 1hr 45mins to finish, what a great ride!

Enjoying a few Johnny O cigars and need to review a couple of them in the following week. :)

A tat petit reserva, a Don Lino Africa robo/Duma size (traded a BOTL for it), and a Padron '64 Diplomatico maduro.

While I generally agree with you, letting any cigar shipment from anywhere rest a little bit before attempting to smoke one is a good idea, I'm not sure it would have made that big a difference. In other words if you just seriously didn't like that Padron 2000, waiting a month or a year or whatever isn't going to magically make it a cigar you'll like - just an older cigar you don't care for...
;)

If for example, you LOVE padron 2000's, and smoke a new one soon after receiving it, and its profile is a little different from what you normally like about them, say its a little harsh, or whatever, that's when waiting/aging pays off... thats my $0.02 anyway.

Bottom line: Sometime other people will simply LOVE a cigar YOU don't like... :p That's why they make soooo many different blends.

Thanks for the words, Toaster.

Yesterday:

'03 BPC
Tat Verucu #5

Today:

Tat Verucu #5
Padron 2000 Maddie

Miami 8-11 Churchill lakeside with the wife! Thank God for the breeze blowing the smoke away from her :)

Yesterday and today:
La Riqueza D' Clouet 16 x 2 it was that good
Illusione MJ 12 from 2009
Tatuaje The 7th Capa Especial
Panacea white label

Not a bad one in the bunch!

Smoked a delish' CORO tonight with my buddy on the deck. Great way to cap off a deliberately uneventful weekend. :)

LFD Air Bender,
Oliva V
Padron Churchill with a few years of age,
And I think I'll smoke at least one more!

My last Winston Churchill Marrakesh :(

Since these are made by the Davidoff company, I'm split between ordering more of these or another Davidoff label.

Status
Not open for further replies.