• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tom Tom Or Garmin GPS

Good choice with the Garmin.

I have an i5 and it's fantastic. I also have a Megellan RoadMate 800 and like the less expensive Garmin much better.

Good luck with it.

Fish

Vol - another solution other than paying for all the updates on maps and such is to go with a GPS app provided by your cell phone company- sometimes it is cheaper that way- I had telenav loaded to all of my blackberries and LOVED IT!
it ran me roughly about 10 bucks per month-

Vol - another solution other than paying for all the updates on maps and such is to go with a GPS app provided by your cell phone company- sometimes it is cheaper that way- I had telenav loaded to all of my blackberries and LOVED IT!

Blackberry tech support, actually Sprint tech support just told me that the GPS receiver in my 8703e is inadequate to the task. He also said that I had to purchas some small piece of hardware to make it work. True, or bullshit?

Well I guess $10 a month or $75 every 12-15 months....I guess I'll do the updated maps through Garmin.

I got a Garmin c330 a couple of months ago and absolutely love it. I did a lot of research and for the money, it seemed like the best buy. Now after owning one, I would have to agree. Now if you have $500+ to spend, that is a completely different story. :)

WOW, just got it in today and it's amazing. The ability to take/make phone calls with the GPS itself and it's speaker/additional mic are almost worth the price alone. No more bluetooth ear piece! My entire phone book transferred over perfectly and the voice command directions are nice. So far so good, but I've only gone to the bank and back with it! ;)

Blackberry tech support, actually Sprint tech support just told me that the GPS receiver in my 8703e is inadequate to the task. He also said that I had to purchas some small piece of hardware to make it work. True, or bullshit?

hmmm, that maybe inherent of that model. I have had every BB since the infamous green screen; I will email one of the RIM guys and ask him for you. I have never had a problem with the GPS solutions.

Bullshit, it turns out. I called Telnav tech support. They activated me directly for $10/mo with no contract. It seems to work just fine, thanks!

heh you could always just get an atlas and a city map hehehehe

Melly

Yep! I have one in my motor home, never used it. We plan our trips in real time with large road maps. It's part of the
journey, my wife loves it, has the map open in front of her most of the time.

However, I do use my on board TripTek computer which gives me distance traveled / to go, time traveled / to go, gas used, gas left etc.

Oh and BTW - banks are usually easy to find :laugh:

Brian

I'm looking for a GPS that is portable, waterproof and good for the car and hiking. Garmin makes some nice ones but I was wondering if any of you guys had thoughts on this.

I need waterproof because I also want to use it fishing.

Tough helps also, I'm sure my four year old will want to "hold it" (read "drop it")

As more and more devices begin to offer both of these options, Worldwide Maps and Lifetime Updates become less of a distinguishing feature. Many users have reported on various online forums that TomTom possesses better maps for European countries, whilst Garmin has more accurate maps for the US.

As more and more devices begin to offer both of these options, Worldwide Maps and Lifetime Updates become less of a distinguishing feature. Many users have reported on various online forums that TomTom possesses better maps for European countries, whilst Garmin has more accurate maps for the US.
What the heck is goin on with this guy? Either he’s a weird dude and posting on things from 2007 or he works for several companies at the same time trying to spam. His posts are all over the place

Finally, after 15 long years, we have some insight on this ever pressing question. Warner, where have you been for the last 15 years??? I hope you're being paid by the post, and you have other sites you pester, because your life span here is prolly going to be short lived.

Floyd T