• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Too Early To Start Lighting Up

Morning is the most common time I have a cigar.
Why morning, out of curiosity? Just the time of day you usually have available to sit and enjoy for a length of time? Some other reason?

I find myself wanting to light up in the morning a lot on my day off. Not that there is anything wrong with it I know, but it feels like drinking in the morning to me for some reason. I feel like I should at least wait until afternoon to light one up.

Why morning, out of curiosity? Just the time of day you usually have available to sit and enjoy for a length of time? Some other reason?

I find myself wanting to light up in the morning a lot on my day off. Not that there is anything wrong with it I know, but it feels like drinking in the morning to me for some reason. I feel like I should at least wait until afternoon to light one up.
I don't adhere to any conventional beliefs of when what can be consumed. But there is something to be said about getting shit faced early in the day and being unable to accomplish anything. Outside of that, do what feels right.

Yeah drinking and smoking are 2 different things IMO
Oh, I completely agree! Not even in the same basket.

I just have that feeling is all I'm saying. I know there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but for some reason I feel like I should hide that I'm having a cigar at 8am, or even earilier :)

So what do you guys like to smoke in the mornings? Just curious

I tend to be an early riser. It’s usually nice and peaceful early.
I enjoy coffee with my cigar.
It’s usually still cool in the mornings.

Mornings are good for me, because my palate isn’t jacked up from everything I’ve eaten and had to drink, throughout the day.

This should be the official what are you smoking this morning thread.
Morning smoke rotation (in no particular order):

- Partagas short (AKA party short). - A classic; tons of flavor, great smoke
- Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva - Always surprises me how much flavor these little guys pack
- Por Larranga PC (PLPC) - Probably the best 'bang for the buck' ISOM you can get your hands on. 3+ years of nap time really lets these shine
- Surrogates by Tatuaje "Cracker Crumbs" - Very hard to find, very worth it. An accidental discovery, but they are great smokes.

edited to add...one I forgot:
- Arturo Fuente Rosado Sungrown Magnum R44 - probably the best vitola in the line, IMHO.

Last edited: