• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Torn

lurch

I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.
I've been looking at a lot of torches that past couple days and have narrowed it down to these two. The Xikar Element and the Blazer PB-207.

Blazer PB-207
I'm really impressed with the great reviews that Blazer products have had. I haven't read a bad one yet and I've looked at over 5 sites.

Xikar Element
The Xikar is fairly new and untested as of yet but they do come with the world famous "Lifetime Warranty". I also like the dual flame that the Element offers.

Soooo....I'm putting my next purchase in Cigar Pass' hands. Whichever lighter get the most praise from this topic will get my vote and my money.....

I dont know about the Xikar Element, but the Blazer PB-207 is hard to beat as far as torches go!

I dont know about the Xikar Element, but the Blazer PB-207 is hard to beat as far as torches go!

x2

You can't go wrong with the PB-207. The fuel capacity is unmatched imo.

John

Well, yes you can go wrong with a PB 207. I own two. Neither lasted a year. Go with the life time warranty.

Doc.

I've never used the Blazer.

I have an Element. It works great, but the thing goes through fuel pretty fast. I suppose all dual jet lighters would be the same, but it is kind of annoying to have to refill it so often. I usually get 6or 7 cigars out of each tank. I'd probably look for something else if I smoked more often (I smoke 2-3 times/week).

It is hefty and seems very well made.

Original Blazer PB-207. 12 years of service. Only now starting to have leaking at the filler valve.
Bought another lighter. Brand new PB-207.

Wilkey

Michael!

Begin threadjack:
When you coming back man? It's been too long since we smoked!
End threadjack:

And I don't have either lighter so I can't comment there.
B

You know, I have gone through a lot of lighters, good and bad, and I gotta say: Tiger Brand lighters are really good for the money (were talking $10 at the most here). They light every time, have a steady flame, and have recieved a 6 sigma quality control award from Chinas President. I figure if most lighters are made there anyway, why not go the brand that has awards for its quality, and you aren't paying for a brand?

Buy a couple as a backup anyway.

Thanks for all the help guys....

I've decided to take someone's advice and go with the Blazer.

Good choice on the Blazer, I have the Element and I am not overly impressed. It burns through fuel pretty fast and it doesn't handle wind too well.

The new element is larger (assume it will hold more fuel) and has a punch cutter on the bottom. That being said, the PB207 is a good lighter.

Well, yes you can go wrong with a PB 207. I own two. Neither lasted a year. Go with the life time warranty.

Doc.
I was going through the same trouble for a while, too, trying to decide whether to get a Xikar or the Blazer. I decided on the Xikar Eris. I just got it today, actually. The Lifetime Warranty really swung me, and you get a free leather case when you register your product. I guess they really want you to use their warranty, hah.

Either way, I think you're probably going to get a lighter that'll do the job just fine. Devil Doc's comment above is one of the first times I've heard a real complaint on the PB-207.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I thought I'd ask this question here instead of making a new topic... My Xikar says to not keep it lit for more than 10 seconds. Anybody know how much I should stick to that rule?