• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Torpedo Preference Debate

theebug

Monte's, Diplomaticos (alright so I am trying to influence the voting already :whistling: ), Robanias, Punch?

Who likes what? Is it the taste or just the look?

Since opinions and tastes are like a certain part of the anatomy, I am looking forward to the debate and discussion.

I'll take a Diplomaticos #2 over a Monte #2 any day. VR Unicos was be my second choice over a Monte. Love them Dips! :thumbs:

I have yet to try the Diplomaticos #2 or the VR's. I might have to seek out a fiver or a few singles to test this out. Between the punch and the monte's I would have to go with the monte's.

Huge fan of the Monte's & the VR's...but also enjoy the Diplo's. I'm a big fan of belicosos too...especially the BBF's, SC's, and Sancho's.

I think I need more research though!!!! :p Now I really want to have a VR!!!! Dammit....be back in an hour or so! :laugh:

SCdLH (I know) followed by an aged H.Upmann followed by Montecristo .... Mmmmmmm, my favorite Vitola.

Edit: I know, I know .... but it's still my favorite

:cool:

VR Unicos Followed by the Monte #2..............Have to say their are some out there like the PSD#2's that I have yet to try though.

I watched a movie smoking my 5 Vegas Gold torp, long lasting creamy, nutty notes on the palate, an overall great cigar

My favorite, by far, is the Cohiba Piramide EL '06. As far as regular production, it goes PSP2, followed by Monte/Upmann. I really need to give the Diplo #2 a try....

Though not the traditional "torpedo" size, I really like the Bolivar BF and the RA Belicosos.

i have only had the PSP2 and the Monty and i enjoyed them both but i had more of the PSP2's so i will say they top my list

i wanna try and get my hands on a 5r of each torpedo they have...boy i can dream

H. Upmann, Monte and the RyJ are my favorites. I wish Cohiba would add a regular production torp to their lineup. The various limited Piramides I've had have all been outstanding. Punch does not make a torp.

Only have had the Monte and PSP2. Monty, hands down for me, but I'm not a big Partagas fan. The Upmann #2 is the next I'd like to try as I'm a big fan of the Upmann brand and have read many good things about it.

Excellent point on the Cohiba. I have smoked the LE but man, they are pricey. I wish they would add one to their regular line up.

But I need some help with an acronym: PSP (Is that Punch?). I thought it was Play Station originally, then I remembered the board I was on :p

H. Upmann, Monte and the RyJ are my favorites. I wish Cohiba would add a regular production torp to their lineup. The various limited Piramides I've had have all been outstanding. Punch does not make a torp.

As Craig said above, there is no Punch Torpedo. However, there is going to be a RE for the UK this year that is a Punch Serie D'Or #1 which is a Torpedo. Although not the traditional Piramide size, it is going to be 6 1/8 by 50. This sounds like an exciting release as the cigar was last made in the 1960s...

PSP2 only because this cigar smokes well reasonably young and I have yet to be disappointed.

Brian

Back