• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Transfer to a University

Isaac

Hi everyone!

I am a student in a junior college. I am appling to some 4-year universities.

Here's are my choice:

UC Brekeley
UCLA
USC
U Wisconsin
Washington U.
NYU
U Michigan

If you were me, as a college student, which school would you go? (my major is finance/business)

Out of your list Berkeley and UCLA.

Personally I'm at UCSB, didn't bother applying to anywhere else except USC (incase UCSB said no...) and turned down USC to go to UCSB.

I'm accounting major however and UCSB/UCLA/USC are the three most heavily recruited schools for accounting in southern california. Any of them would have been fine for me. If you want to do something more 'high finance' you defintely want Berkeley.

I'd say Michigan BUT from a cost standpoint, I'd bet that you being a California resident, you'd get a better deal on tuition & fees by going to a school in California. The weather sucks in Ann Arbor for most of the school year :D so maybe ya oughta forget my idea. :laugh:

Aureus gave you some excellent advice! :thumbs:

Oh hey Aureus, welcome to CigarPass!! Ya been here for almost three months and ya FINALLY made your first post! :thumbs: Stick around and enjoy!

USC or U Wisconsin, USC is a great school and U Wisconsin has a great business program, not to mention a lot of HR's like us folk from the Midwest for some odd reason.

From your list, I would recommend USC, hands down.

Not on your list, being a California boy (and went to school and law school out there) myself, I'd really go for Stanford. ;) ESPECIALLY over Cal. :laugh: But, I'm hugely biased, for good reason. Of course, if you do decide to go for Stanford, make sure you indicate you are "applying" (not "appling") and that you get your "me" and "my" straight, and the "will you" and "would you" "go/choose" straight as well. The "here's are" should be lost too in the application process. That goes over well at Cal, but doesn't work at Stanford. Trust me. Lol. Sorry man, couldn't resist...God, I sound as bad as CC. :laugh:

Although it's not on your list, also take a look at University of Chicago as well, if feasible. They have an Economics department that is truly outstanding.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Whatever you do, don't come to NY we have too many people as it is! :whistling:

I would stick with the California schools as was mentioned before to take advantage of the in state tuition.

Stick with an in-state school, spend the big bucks if you get a grad degree. Also along the lines of program strength, see what you like about the university. Remember there is life outside school.

Personally I could never see myself happy at Cal, even if they have an awesome program. But some people may love it. The schools you listed are all great, you'll get a good education no matter which one you pick. You may want to avoid the private schools as well, the classroom education is fine; but the "other education" stinks. I think that is a very important part of attending college.

I say USC!!!!

Tell him what's up CC!!!
LOL :laugh:

No really we have a good school of Business and an even better MBA program!!! :)

If you're in Cali now, you'll have a hard time adjusting to the shitty weather anywhere else! Especially southern Cali. For example, U of Wisconsin. It's a great school and all that, however winter starts about two weeks after the school year starts, and ends about two weeks before graduation!

Actually, I am an international student. It doesn't matter for me go to out-state. I have to pay high tuition fee anywhere I go.

Isaac said:
Actually, I am an international student. It doesn't matter for me go to out-state. I have to pay high tuition fee anywhere I go.
[snapback]283959[/snapback]​

International huh...
The MBA at University of South Carolina program is an International program. Check into it!!!

Check out University of Arizona.
Relatively inexpensive tuition and cost of living, great eye candy, awesome sonoran mexican food, low cigar taxes. I think it might even be a decent business school! It is close to California as well. Heck, the basketball team even wins the NCAA Championship once in a while.
You can go to Thunderbird International Business School for your grad program which is just up the road... I have heard this is an excellent program.

FYI,
Rob

Cheeze said:
I say USC!!!!

Tell him what's up CC!!!
LOL :laugh:

No really we have a good school of Business and an even better MBA program!!! :)
[snapback]283940[/snapback]​

Not THAT USC ya coot! :laugh:

Keep it up and I'll send some taters over to paint your house orange! :laugh:

Wisconsin has a great business school and if you are looking for a good party Mad town is # 1 on most lists.

Years ago, Sports Illustrated did an article on the top ten party schools, they said UW didn't make the list because they (SI) were considering only amateur schools and they (SI) considered UW a professional in terms of partying.