• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Transformers 2

Yeahthatsme

Was BADASS! Definitely go see it. Despite the butt cheek numbing 2 hour and 45 minute run time, it was great. Definitely the best Michael Bay flick to date.

Taking my son this afternoon. The reviews in the local paper did not give it high marks but I gather the special effects are awesome.

I heard on Howard Stern that there may be a scene where Megan Fox might be topless..... :0

How was megan fox? I didnt even know there were robots in the first one :)

I hope it's better than the first one. :(

What was wrong with the first one, it rocked!

I guess I went into it with different expectations than what it ended up being. I thought the story line was pretty weak, and I guess I'm old school because I didn't think the "robots" looked like transformers at all. And Shia is awful as an actor imo.

I guess I went into it with different expectations than what it ended up being. I thought the story line was pretty weak, and I guess I'm old school because I didn't think the "robots" looked like transformers at all. And Shia is awful as an actor imo.

THIS. This is what ruined the first one for me, and why I refuse to buy it. We'll see what happens with this second one...

You cant have the robots looking like the cartoon. It would just look silly. I thought they did a good job with the robots. They did mess up a few of their names though.

Both my boys went to the midnight premiere here locally and said the movie was "Sick!!"

I guess that means it was good? :blush:

You cant have the robots looking like the cartoon. It would just look silly. I thought they did a good job with the robots. They did mess up a few of their names though.

Agreed that they can't make them look like the cartoons, however they could have not pimped themselves out to Chevrolet, and actually made the vehicles true to their heritage. I don't remember Bumblebee being a 2009 Camero (kinda defeats the whole character to make him a badass car).

Agreed that they can't make them look like the cartoons, however they could have not pimped themselves out to Chevrolet, and actually made the vehicles true to their heritage. I don't remember Bumblebee being a 2009 Camero (kinda defeats the whole character to make him a badass car).
Did you really think Michael Bay would give a damn about authenticity?

I went into this hoping to see 3 things;
1. Badass robots beating the crap out of eachother
2. Megan Fox in slowmo
3. Shia Labeouf getting his ass beat

I was happy on all 3 counts.

I"m gonna go sheck it out either Friday or Saturday. Glad to hear it's a pretty long movie. I feel cheated with some of the shorter ones.

Interestingly, for how long it is it ends rather abruptly, in my eyes at least.

Agreed on Bumblebee, but I dont think a VW bug would sell as many toys this time around. Remember Hasbro still has a hand in this. Would you want Soundwave playing a big boombox or Megatron playing a big handgun? They made it so that technically they could change into whatever car they want, just by scanning it.

I like it, it is up to date and the toy of my past but I understand the nostalga that people feel.

Let's see, should I go see this...

meganfoxtf27202.jpg

Do you really need another reason to go see this now? :whistling: :laugh:

I enjoyed the first one, I thought the modern liberties they took were all appropriate. I also didn't have a problem with the acting - it's based on a cartoon, it's supposed to be cheesy.

edited because I can't type.

They took a few more liberties in this one as well but I went and saw it last night and it was definately bad ass. I think some stuff could have been left out of the movie but the extra content didn't hurt it. Not sure about all the hate for Shia, I actually think he is a pretty good actor.

Shai is HORRIBLE. He successfully ruined my favorite series of all time, Indiana Jones. Not to mention that Michael Bay doesn't know how to tell a story. I'm sure the special effects are pretty, and I'll probably end up going to see it. I'm glad some people have enjoyed it but nothing will ever match the old school glory!!!