• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel Humidor

I would go with an Otterbox from Mark at Cigarmony.com

Check out Otterboxes at Cigarmony.com before you spend any money.

Doc.

Thank you guys for the advice. Before i put an order got two questions. 1) How long can i keep a cigar in the bod before it starts to become pretty dry and no longer fesh. 2) do they offer a 20 count box by chance? Thank you all for your help so far.

Thank you guys for the advice. Before i put an order got two questions. 1) How long can i keep a cigar in the bod before it starts to become pretty dry and no longer fesh. 2) do they offer a 20 count box by chance? Thank you all for your help so far.

I have an XIKAR (The best thing to happen to cigars since fire) It says so right on the label :)

http://xikar.com/product_humidor_travel.asp

I have the 15 model. I can cram 20 in there and they stay quite a long time.
Always good when I go to Mexico on my off road races. On the Baja peninsula runs I am down there 2 weeks. Never had a damaged one.

A side note,

our race promoter uses this exact same case to put on our cars and they put a little transponder in there so they can track our cars.
I guess you could say these are BAJA proven...

IMHO

With proper humidification I don't see why you couldn't keep a cigar in any otterbox type travel humidor indefinitely.

With proper humidification I don't see why you couldn't keep a cigar in any otterbox type travel humidor indefinitely.
x2... I have a Puck in mine!
No worries!!!

Has anyone had any problems with this humidor? And is it a good travel humidor to have. Im looking at something that carry about 20 cigars and came across this one. Any advice will help.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...ASE3&cat=10

from the looks of this thing you would probably sustain some damaged sticks, like everyone saying the otterbox is way to go, i use mine whenever i leave the house and haven't damaged a stick yet unless i pulled it out and dropped it. the foam is the key holds them softly and securely. they also seal real well be careful with changing elevations its taken a screwdriver to open mine a few times, planes goingto the mountains etc...

john

Has anyone had any problems with this humidor? And is it a good travel humidor to have. Im looking at something that carry about 20 cigars and came across this one. Any advice will help.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...ASE3&cat=10

from the looks of this thing you would probably sustain some damaged sticks, like everyone saying the otterbox is way to go, i use mine whenever i leave the house and haven't damaged a stick yet unless i pulled it out and dropped it. the foam is the key holds them softly and securely. they also seal real well be careful with changing elevations its taken a screwdriver to open mine a few times, planes goingto the mountains etc...

john

Haha good to know. I will be flying from Los Angeles to Denver. Take it is hard to open once i get there? By using a screw driver wouldnt that cause damage to the box?

Most of the new otter boxes have a pressure relief valve for using them on planes, that shouldn't be a problem either.

I guess 5 people in this thread, now 6 is a huge majority.
So, at the expense of sounding repetitive, go to Cigarmony and purchase
an Otterbox with "The Puck". You will find a selection of sizes, go with the 25 if 20 is what you are looking for.

I have several sizes. Recently I traveled from San Diego to Cape Town South Africa, 24 hours flying time, 36 hours door to door. In
5 1/2 weeks I never added distilled water to "The Puck" and the RH never wavered from 65%

The Otterbox is not only a good traveling container, it's arguably the best small humidor you can buy. For those in the market for a small
humidor, say a 50 count, this, IMO, is the way to go.

Brian

Where did you find a 15+ otterbox? On their website the highest they go is 15.

Go with the Armored Humidor, it is a travel humi and it amazing. I have a pic in my file if you want to look at it. It is water proof and tough as hell. I love it!!

My method is to put cigars in plastic baggies, single baggies for non-celloed cigars, bigger baggies for celloed cigars, put cigars in large flat cigar box (no metal hinges or fasteners), put cigar box in large ziplock, and have this in carry on bag. Works okay. Attracts no attention leaving or coming home. Seems like all the cigar smokers I know have an otterbox or variant, but I haven't picked one up yet.

is count xtreme just as good as otterbox?

The X-treme and Otterbox are virtually identical in construction and design. You almost couldn't tell them apart.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

~Mark

PS - Thank you all for the kind words!