• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel Humidor

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
I'm looking for a small travel humidor that will hold 3-5 cigars. Basically I'm looking to throw this in the car for Jets Games and other daily trip along with the possible weekend getaway. What do all of you use?

check these out...I have the one at the very bottom...works wonderful. Don't know if that's the best price around though...bought mine for slightly more at the local shop.

i use ziplocs...as long as you dont put em in your back pocket or otherwise mistreat your smokes ziplocs are fine...have used them for a weeks storage no problems.

derrek :)

Check these out! >pelican's I have a few different sizes, Best couple of bucks I ever spent! ;)

Joe, do they come with foam inserts for cigars or do you just use the case by itself?

i have a
HUMT-HAVANA.jpg

havana travel humidor.

the cutter is freaking sharp.

there's also an indicator, but i can't seem to see it.
it even comes with it's own "pg" thingie.

mhn said:
Joe, do they come with foam inserts for cigars or do you just use the case by itself?
Looks like the foam is not precut for cigars

I have a Csonka Valet also which I use if leaving town. I have the Csonka Traveler for the car. They both work great and look great. Use the Holt's link above for a great price on the basic traveler or if you want it in black with all the accessories go HERE

Fast4Dr said:
mhn said:
Looks like the foam is not precut for cigars
The foam in the case is pre-cut in little sections, when you get it you pluck them out to fit cigars in. Works great because you can set it up to fit various sized cigars with out having them move around in the case! :thumbs:

I use the "Cigar Caddy". It's like a pelican case but is slotted for cigars. I have the small model and it holds 5 cigars. It has worked great for me.

I use one of the Otter Boxes. You can find them on Cigar Bid for a decent price.

I have a pelican. I take it hiking, on the tractor, well every where. Only problem I ever had was the fact it is a little hard to open at first, but man, does it hold a tight seal. Rugged beyond need. I love it :thumbs:

nicko99 said:
I use one of the Otter Boxes. You can find them on Cigar Bid for a decent price.
Ditto...We use Pelican Cases on my ship to protect valuable photogrphic equipment.

Emo

BTW, you cant sink em and they are water proof!

I have a Sherman case which is a Pelican case with foam inserts for cigars (holds 23 churchill-sizes cigars, a hygrometer, and a small oasis. I've ditched the oasis for some of Vern's beads for humidity.

I use zip lock bags as well.

The cigars never stay in the bag long enought since I smoke them so fast :)

I went to the grocery store and picked up a tupperware container long enough to fit a churchill ;) will hold up 10 - 12 cigars depending on the ring size. Threw in one of Vern's travel pouch and wala ..........

BenjieV ;)

mhn said:
I also use Pelican case type travel humidors. Basically, it's a Pelican case that was converted into a humidor... it has foam trays and a foam cover. I have a mini-sized one that holds a cigars that are 5 5/8" in length, one that will hold 18 (3 trays x 6 cigars each) and one that holds 30 (5 trays x 6 cigars each).

My humidors came with foam trays... the 18 and 30 count ones. Here's a site that you can order foam trays from... The Sherman I do use the foam trays but I prefer the wooden trays that Brother Vern makes. I can take a picture of it but don't know how to post it here. If anyone can put it on a website LMK and I can email you some pics of Vern's wooden traveldor trays.

To answer the original question... if I'm in need of carrying 3 - 5 cigars I just use a small tupperware or rubbermaid container. It's not high-tech but it works just fine for a few sticks!

Aloha,

Wade