• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel Humidor's

RD32

I'm going on a golf trip Aug. 6-9th. Can anyone recommend a good travel humidor that holds a minimum of 10 cigars 50-56 ring guage and under $50. Any help or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There was this thread over in the retailer forum recently. I have a 5 count cigar caddy that works pretty well. Good protection for the cigars, the humidification element leaves a bit to be desired, but hey it does the job for a short time.

Get yourself a small pelican case, you don't need humidification if your trip is under two weeks with one of these.

I use this one.

I like the simple built in humidifier, the seal is good, and the body of the case is strong.

yhst-27221364783116_2063_6765926.jpg

The Perfecto XLT is designed with tough crack-proof ABS plastic to protect your fine cigars. Features a built-in humidification system that gives out humidity evenly to maintain a consistent level, telescopic interlocking design to hold up to 8 cigars from Robusto's to Churchill's (54 ring guage), built-in hygrometer guage, and Spanish cedar liner. Take this one on your next adventure into the wild. Great gift for any cigar aficionado.

Cigar Caddy is an Otter Box. I use it all the time on my kayak on the Ocean. Strong, water proof, and when it says it holds x amount of cigars, it does. :thumbs: Unlike Xikar that says it holds 15 when it can not. :angry: (don't believe me, then look at the dimensions between Xikar 15, and Cigar Caddy 15).

Lets compare Xikar to Cigar Caddy. And you will see why there really is only once choice.

Xikar
  1. Airtight
  2. Watertight
  3. Cruchproof

Cigar Caddy
  • waterproof
  • crushproof
  • floats!

Notice Cigar Caddy does not say Watertight. Normally manufacturers will say waterproof. Why would Xikar say watertight, when it would be better to say waterproof?

Now lets compare the 10 cigar humi

Xikar - says it can hold 10 Churchills. The outside dimension is 8.50" x 4.50" x 2.75"

Cigar Caddy - says it can hold 10 Churchills. The outside dimension 8.80"x 5.18"x 3.08".
Interior dimensions -> 7.88"x 3.97"x 2.55"

2 things to notice. Xikar won't give you the interior dimensions. What are they hiding?
Also the Cigar Caddy is much bigger on all sides.

I have the Xikar 15, and I can tell you it is a FACT it does not hold 15 Churchills.

Go to the Retailer room. Someone was having good deals on the Cigar Caddy.

Lets compare Xikar to Cigar Caddy. And you will see why there really is only once choice.

Xikar
  1. Airtight
  2. Watertight
  3. Cruchproof

Cigar Caddy
  • waterproof
  • crushproof
  • floats!

Notice Cigar Caddy does not say Watertight. Normally manufacturers will say waterproof. Why would Xikar say watertight, when it would be better to say waterproof?

Now lets compare the 10 cigar humi

Xikar - says it can hold 10 Churchills. The outside dimension is 8.50" x 4.50" x 2.75"

Cigar Caddy - says it can hold 10 Churchills. The outside dimension 8.80"x 5.18"x 3.08".
Interior dimensions -> 7.88"x 3.97"x 2.55"

2 things to notice. Xikar won't give you the interior dimensions. What are they hiding?
Also the Cigar Caddy is much bigger on all sides.

I have the Xikar 15, and I can tell you it is a FACT it does not hold 15 Churchills.

Go to the Retailer room. Someone was having good deals on the Cigar Caddy.

Good info.. Thanks..

However on a personal note. I have the Xikar and I have put 15 Churchills in it with no problem what so ever.. I can tell you I have never tried to submerge it in water, but the seal is very tight..

I guess it comes down to personal opinion.

Oh.. and the lifetime warranty from Xikar doesn't hurt either...

Hope this helps.

However on a personal note. I have the Xikar and I have put 15 Churchills in it with no problem what so ever..

Oh.. and the lifetime warranty from Xikar doesn't hurt either...

I never tried to see if it is waterproof either. Maybe tonight. :rolleyes:
There is a difference between the two on the connectors. Xikar does have a weaker connection, but who knows maybe it is waterproof.

Do you have pics to prove it can hold 15 Churchills? Or do you remove all the foam to get it done?
Seriously, not all Churchills are 48 guage, some are a tad bit bigger. If I wanted 15 in there, I would of have to remove foam and squeeze the cigars. Not good.

I don't see the relevance of a warranty when you could have 15 high end cigars get damaged.
Warranty won't cover that. At that point why go through the rigmarole of returning it?

Yes, Xikar replaced my broken cutter with no questions asked. But why break in the first place?
How about no warranty and build a quality cutter?

Cigar Caddy. I own four of them from the 2 count on up, and they are top notch.

Yes, Xikar replaced my broken cutter with no questions asked. But why break in the first place?
How about no warranty and build a quality cutter?

This quote reminds me of Tommy Boy...

"I could stick my head up a bull's ass to get a good look at a steak, but wouldn't you just want to take the butcher's word for it?"

Thanks to everyone for the information. I really do appreciate it. Lurch, I love that quote from Tommy Boy. That movie is hilarious! I'm thinking Cigar Caddy at this point.

My Cigar Caddy 10 count does a fine job, but as mentioned above the humidification element leaves a bit to be desired. One of those humidificiation tubes with the Heartfelt beads or humidification sheets would be ideal.

My Cigar Caddy 10 count does a fine job, but as mentioned above the humidification element leaves a bit to be desired. One of those humidificiation tubes with the Heartfelt beads or humidification sheets would be ideal.

I've had 12 cigars in a Cigar Caddy 15 for about 6 weeks now (I have some storage issues) and they're just as good as when I put them in there humidity-wise. As long as the cigars are at the proper humidity level when you put them in the Cigar Caddy, they'll maintain just fine as long as you aren't opening it more than you need to. I don't even have the humidification disk in it anymore.

My Cigar Caddy 10 count does a fine job, but as mentioned above the humidification element leaves a bit to be desired. One of those humidification tubes with the Heartfelt beads or humidification sheets would be ideal.

I've had 12 cigars in a Cigar Caddy 15 for about 6 weeks now (I have some storage issues) and they're just as good as when I put them in there humidity-wise. As long as the cigars are at the proper humidity level when you put them in the Cigar Caddy, they'll maintain just fine as long as you aren't opening it more than you need to. I don't even have the humidification disk in it anymore.

Same situation here. I only have one humi, and when I ordered a box I didn't realize how much room they'd take up. Once I smoke a few more I'll have room to keep everything in the humi.