• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel

This one? No personal experience, but looks like it would be fine. Similar design as the otterbox and cigar caddy ones a lot of us have.

View attachment 44781

An Otterbox knock off? C'mon... Who would do such a thing!!!

...and look at those high grade cigar cutters/punches.

Otterbox better be shaking in their boots!

Please don't chase him off too quickly. I'm diligently working behind the scene to assemble a group buy for his humidor stuffed with weed and fake Cubans. It's gonna take me a few days... Then you can have at him!!!
Okay, I guess I was being selfish.

Good luck with the group buy!

Please don't chase him off too quickly. I'm diligently working behind the scene to assemble a group buy for his humidor stuffed with weed and fake Cubans. It's gonna take me a few days... Then you can have at him!!!
hmm.... can i say that picture is just the seller's picture? i just share it.,,

So I bought the otter box knockoff.
anything wrong with removing the padding on one side to get a few more cigars in the box????

So I bought the otter box knockoff.
anything wrong with removing the padding on one side to get a few more cigars in the box????
Will they be against the hard plastic?

If packed tight so they don't move... Maybe, not a risk I would want to take though.

Makes sense. With only 4 should I bother with a Boveda pack? How long will they last ??

With the airtight seal they'll be fine for quite a while, week at least, probably longer. I've never used any humidification in mine, it's like a natural dry box. Taking out the foam is fine as long as they aren't shaking around.

As Justin said, if it's for less than three weeks or so, don't even bother with the humidification. As long as you aren't leaving it wide open for hours at a time, your cigars will be fine. I may or may not have forgotten I had cigars in mine until I went to use it again more than a few weeks later. And if this actually happened, they smoked just fine...

Yep. That same one but the smaller 5 cigar version.

Not sure about that Mantello, but many of the popular cases like that are all lit'rally the same, just with different companies' branding on them. I'm sure OtterBox is proprietary and made in-house, and bear the price point as such (though, I honestly had no idea that OB made cigar caddies), but there is most likely no difference in any of the other plastic portable cases you choose to go with. That said, a five or ten count travel humidor like that is probably going to end up being one of your best and most-used investments outside of a cutter and lighter (don't skimp on a quality cutter, but any decent refined butane flame will work for a long-term lighter).

Not sure about that Mantello, but many of the popular cases like that are all lit'rally the same, just with different companies' branding on them. I'm sure OtterBox is proprietary and made in-house, and bear the price point as such (though, I honestly had no idea that OB made cigar caddies), but there is most likely no difference in any of the other plastic portable cases you choose to go with. That said, a five or ten count travel humidor like that is probably going to end up being one of your best and most-used investments outside of a cutter and lighter (don't skimp on a quality cutter, but any decent refined butane flame will work for a long-term lighter).
Yup, I have a ten count travel humi that looks identical to the one posted above but it's branded as "herf-a-dor". You may find your latches slide up and off, kind of a shock if you don't expect it and think it's broken.

Yup, I have a ten count travel humi that looks identical to the one posted above but it's branded as "herf-a-dor". You may find your latches slide up and off, kind of a shock if you don't expect it and think it's broken.
I have the 5-count Herf-a-dor, and have encountered that same issue. Also, I have one latch that likes to click and pretend it's closed tight, when it really isn't. Then again, this thing is about ten years old with heavy use, so it might just be getting worn out. I wish I had a sticker on there for every state and country this thing has been to.

Just loaded up my 15 count, 5 count and a two cigar case for my trip!😂

Dear @zyy We used to be mean and nasty when assholes came here and tried to sell things before they even introduced themselves. Now we are a much kinder, gentler, place. Well at least most are. Not me.

Hey asshole..............do it right or go away! Please?

I threw in the please for anyone who might have been offended by my direct approach.
Thank you for the please.