• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TravelDors

BlankTim

Hi everyone, long time no read!

I'm going to Vegas in May to celebrate my roomies 2nd wedding (crazy kids). Of course a fine drunken debauch such as this will require the consumption of mass quantities.
Being Vegas, I really think it's a smarter idea to take Gars with me, rather than buy them there, so I need to buy a Traveldor.

I was thinking I would throw a bunch in a DOPP bag, but I doubt they'd survive so I decided I'd get a 10ct Otterbox -it looks like Cigarmony has a killer price on them. Any opinions of Otterboxs, good or bad?
What should I use for a humidifier in the otterbox, assuming I get one.
Aslo, can anyone give me the external sizes on this? It's gotta fit in my duffle.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Hi everyone, long time no read!

I'm going to Vegas in May to celebrate my roomies 2nd wedding (crazy kids). Of course a fine drunken debauch such as this will require the consumption of mass quantities.
Being Vegas, I really think it's a smarter idea to take Gars with me, rather than buy them there, so I need to buy a Traveldor.

I was thinking I would throw a bunch in a DOPP bag, but I doubt they'd survive so I decided I'd get a 10ct Otterbox -it looks like Cigarmony has a killer price on them. Any opinions of Otterboxs, good or bad?
What should I use for a humidifier in the otterbox, assuming I get one.
Aslo, can anyone give me the external sizes on this? It's gotta fit in my duffle.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Otter boxes are among the best for rugged, functional travel. However, a 10 ct ain't near big enough!

Hey I recommend Mark form Cigarmony! He will take care of you! :D

I've got 2 otter boxes, a 5 count and a 24 count. Nothing better out there for traveling.

I've got a 5 count box as well and looking to upgrade to a bigger one. You can't go wrong with them IMHO!

Remember all the casa fuente's you'll be bringing back. 10 count might not be enough.

They're great boxes.

Yup..... Mark from Cigarmony.com has great prices on them......

I have a 10 count and 24 count also...... I use the 10 count all the time traveling back and forth to NYC from Binghamton.

When you order the box from Mark, make sure you get a small tube of beads also.....

I also recommend bigger! I sold my 15 for a 32 count and I am GLAD.

Rod has a store here that all sales benefit Cigarpass, and I got my 32 count thru him. The store is down, but youmight PM him to see if he still can order from him?

Otterboxes are fantastic. If your trip is short enough, and you don't open it too often, you won't need any humidification at all. Otherwise, I'd suggest the "humidi-puck" from Mark's Cigarmony. It easily replaces the "Credo" style humification disc inside the Otterbox with no additional loss of space. Purchasing one of the bead sticks would cut down on your available volume to store cigars.

Another consideration to gain space is to remove the foam layer insert inside the Otterbox. If your container is full, they won't bang around and damage each other. I wouldn't suggest this if you expect them to tumble around on your return trip. Damaged wrappers suck ---.

I also recommend bigger! I sold my 15 for a 32 count and I am GLAD.

Rod has a store here that all sales benefit Cigarpass, and I got my 32 count thru him. The store is down, but youmight PM him to see if he still can order from him?

Yup..... I always forget about Rod's store

otterbox only way to go I've got 2 5count a 15 and a 45.

DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

I have the Herf-a-Dor version and love it. It is the 15 count but if you take out all but the bottom foam pad you can put many more in than 15. I got mine at cigarauctioneer.com for about $10.

Otter Box, Penguin, Herf-a-dor . . . all good from what I have heard.

I have a 5 and a 32 count, otterbox got em cheapo of of Cbid. If you don't want to wait buy from Rod or Mark. I just opened the humi included in the 32 count (took a little work) removed the green foam and filled it with beads and snapped it back together. Works like a champ. If you are going smaller, you could always buy a small fuente humi bag for a temp set up. I had one and just use the fente humi bag under the foam in my five count.

Have fun in Vegas.

I agree with everyone's opinion about the otterboxes. I have a 2, 5, and 10 count cases and am very happy with them. I will be taking a 12 day trip in March and will be using the 10 count for the first time on an extended trip. The 2 and 5 count are for daily use and they are great. I picked up a 5 count "Herf-A-Dor" for a friend at a good price. IMHO, the overall contruction (i.e. clasps and outer casing) on the otterbox seem to be sturdier.

An additional question concerning the otterbox cases when using the humidification device that comes with the 5 and 10 count cases, has anyone experienced any type of transfer (water) from the humidification device to the cigars when having the max number of cigars in the case? I wanted to stay with the humidification device that came with the case.

I wanted to stay with the humidification device that came with the case.
Seriously, I'm not just trying to drum up business for him. Switch that thing out for a "Puck" from Cigarmony. The humidification device that came with the case is junk. My opinion, of course.

Otterbox, I have 3 in different sizes. Waterproof ot 100 ft., but they float anyway.