• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tried My First Quality Scotch Last Night

txraddoc

Based on the recommendations of several fine members of this board, I bought a bottle of Glenlivet 12 and sat down with a nice Bolivar Coronas Gigantes. After several bad experiences in high school with lower quality product, I was a little worried about how Scotch this would go down.

I added bit of water as it felt very strong in my mouth right out of the bottle. I can see how this spirit pairs well with cigars and look forward to developing a taste for Scotch.

Thanks for all your great recommendations!

Allen

About 30 years ago, my road to a ruined liver also began with a taste of Glennlivet 12 :thumbs:

Some other good first steps are:
Balvenie Double Wood,
Dalwhinnie 15,
Macallan 12,
and maybe Bunnahabhain to get just wee taste of peat.

There's this guy who has done a bunch of reviews here. You might want to look at some of them when you get some time.

There's this guy who has done a bunch of reviews here. You might want to look at some of them when you get some time.

Yep. I've read most of them. Can't wait to try them all. Had another dram today with an Opus X. Wow! What a pair. You all are such a great resource. I appreciate it.

AVB, a quick glance at your link made me think of a something. Have you ranked the scotches?

Oddly I had my very first scotch today and it was a bottle of Glenlivet 12 as well. Very nice choice.

Grrrreeeaaattt, another thing to take up my money.

The ones I really like I call an ACE. Otherwise there are no numeric rankings.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='855907' date='Apr 30 2009, 10:44 PM']AVB, a quick glance at your link made me think of a something. Have you ranked the scotches?[/quote]

My favorite is Glendullan "The Singleton" 12 yo single malt. Took me a little while to find my "one"

You know what really sucks about that scotch review is, I just tried to post my own review on the Ardbeg Ten and the damn server went down, I lost it all. Hell I'll just have to try to re-post it in the morning.

And by the way, nice starter, now check out what Ray has done and pick out another trust me you won't be dissapointed. :love:

You can add your thoughts to my review page if you want.

You know what really sucks about that scotch review is, I just tried to post my own review on the Ardbeg Ten and the damn server went down, I lost it all. Hell I'll just have to try to re-post it in the morning.

And by the way, nice starter, now check out what Ray has done and pick out another trust me you won't be dissapointed. :love:

You can add your thoughts to my review page if you want.

Thank you, I will do that tonight after i get the kids into bed.

Good beginner choice, welcome to the fine world of scotch. You will soon realize that it is quite a hunt to find great single malts as most package stores do not carry a big selection. But it is all part of the fun. So enjoy your 1st bottle and welcome to the world of Malt Madness :thumbs:

I just bought a bottle of this today, it is my first bottle. Had a glass of it with an oliva series V. went pretty well, though couldn't have too much as it was 2pm and had stuff to do. Tomorrow evening should be a better attempt.