• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trying Something Different

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
3AB4E167-60F9-4482-A073-8E7F9E7DDF07.jpeg On a CC forum I’m a member of, I’ve often read posts about some people’s love of puritos as a quick smoke that actually has flavor. After over a year of reading...and then researching what may appeal to me...I ordered a few 25 count boxes of Monitcristo’s offering as a test.

There are times I’m out with cigarette smoking friends when they take a 10 minute break for a smoke and anything I have in my travel humidor is at minimum a 20-30 minute smoke...so I watch as they smoke. Or I’m home and I want to smoke a cigar after a meal but don’t have the 30 minutes to do so...or in the morning for a quick smoke with a cup of coffee...that was my motivation in trying these.

Well, I must say it’s working for me. Yeah, they are machine rolled...yeah, they are small and in cellophane...BUT, it satisfies my taste buds for a good cigar! No more half smoked petite coronas or robustos in my ashtray anymore. Once again I have another tool in my smoking arsenal that works.

Anyone else smoke something of this size before?

Absolutely, Gary. If you get the chance try some Cohiba and Partagas shorts. LFD and Davidoff have some great little 15 minute smokes as well if you prefer that profile.

Absolutely, Gary. If you get the chance try some Cohiba and Partagas shorts. LFD and Davidoff have some great little 15 minute smokes as well if you prefer that profile.

I regularly smoke Partagas Shorts, but these are smaller, more cigarette-like in size....Cohiba & LFD flavors aren't in my wheelhouse. The Davidoffs were a bit too mild for my liking, although I didn't try all their purito offerings. What hit my sweet spot were the Montis...I guess because I'm a Monti guy.

I smoke small Club size sticks for a 5 minute opertunity. I like the Cohibas but I’ve seen Partagas and Montecristos also. They’re about the size of a cigarette but flavor profile of a cigar. I think the last time bought them they were $100 for 200 in boxes of 20 each.

For a real quick smoke, so far I've stayed with the Upmann Half Corona, the Montecristo Media Corona, and I just got a box of the RyJ Petite Royale....which looks like it has much promise.

Potentially dumb question inbound... Gary, is there any need to age these machine rolled cigarillos?

Potentially dumb question inbound... Gary, is there any need to age these machine rolled cigarillos?
:D...I was thinking the same thing as I waited for them to arrive. Now that I've smoked a bunch, I'd say no. They smoke very well and have the classic Monti flavors. I would think like any cigar, a little time on them can only help...but in my limited experience, they taste pretty damn good for a small cigar. It definitely satisfies my cigar craving in a short amount of time.

I've had some of the Quintero with a couple years on them that I really enjoyed.

:D...I was thinking the same thing as I waited for them to arrive. Now that I've smoked a bunch, I'd say no. They smoke very well and have the classic Monti flavors. I would think like any cigar, a little time on them can only help...but in my limited experience, they taste pretty damn good for a small cigar. It definitely satisfies my cigar craving in a short amount of time.

Thanks for your reply. I have a similar niche in my smoking schedule, and the price is right. I will have to try these out

th

Recently bought a box of these Vegueros, very pleased for a short smoke. I shall order some more. Not the 5 minute variety but still a nice stick for short available time.

I love this thread. It appeals to my cheap nature and the limited opportunities I have to smoke a cigar nowadays. I found the following graphic, can people comment on the cigarillos listed if they're familiar?

cigarillo_formate_568.jpg

I've had a tin of Cohiba minis before -- given to me by a friend as a thank you gift for something. They are quick. Really quick. It's been a while, but I recall finishing one and starting another before my wife finished a cigarette. I ended up keeping them as my travel smokes, knowing that I rarely had the opportunity for even a smaller cigar when traveling around with the family. They fit the bill nicely for that.

Profile-wise, I wasn't blown away, but I admittedly was far less experienced with cigars than in my current far-from-experienced state. I liked them, but I'd imagine that being Cohiba that they are pretty pricey for what they are (I've never actually looked into them, myself) and that there are better options out there for the money. I could be wrong, of course. I don't think you'd toss one, in any case, but I don't think you'd feel you were smoking anything amazing, either.