• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trying to research buying in Canada

bthompson2875

I'm trying to research purchasing cigars in Canada. I've done several searches and see some great thread topics, but i get the following message on every thread I click/select.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/cp/public_html/forums/sources/topics.php on line 816

Here is the search I did:

Canada and tax

Here is an example of a resulting URL that CP thinks it should launch:

Thread from Search Link

DISPLAY BAD URL =http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=16265&hl=canada,and,tax

Result = timeout (see above error)

If I strip off the search moniker(&hl=canada,and,tax) and paste this (http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=16265) into my browser, I get the topic posts.

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone else test with the same search?

<edited to clearly show bad url>

There is no good reason to research buying cigars in Canada.They have the highest prices on the planet, and is no place to buy Cuban cigars. I believe their tobacco tax is around 125% of the wholesale price. You are better off buying your Cubans anywhere else but Canada.

The Master said:
There is no good reason to research buying cigars in Canada.They have the highest prices on the planet, and is no place to buy Cuban cigars. I believe their tobacco tax is around 125% of the wholesale price. You are better off buying your Cubans anywhere else but Canada.
[snapback]275795[/snapback]​

I suspected as much. On my last trip, I bought a bunch of Montecristo #2's. Now that I'm becoming more of an educated cigar consumer, I felt like I overpaid in Toronto and was trying to validate the value of buying ISOMs there prior to my next trip on 1/24.

Harris is bang on. A $200 box of Cubans will cost you $500 in Canada. I live in Canada and refuse to buy cigars here.

There are vendors in Canada who sell Cuban cigars for very competitive prices. They do not have to charge or pay the ridiculous Canadian tobacco taxes because they will not sell to anyone in Canada.

coventrycat86 said:
There are vendors in Canada who sell Cuban cigars for very competitive prices. They do not have to charge or pay the ridiculous Canadian tobacco taxes because they will not sell to anyone in Canada.
[snapback]275917[/snapback]​

How do I find these vendors?

bthompson2875 said:
coventrycat86 said:
There are vendors in Canada who sell Cuban cigars for very competitive prices.  They do not have to charge or pay the ridiculous Canadian tobacco taxes because they will not sell to anyone in Canada.
[snapback]275917[/snapback]​

How do I find these vendors?
[snapback]275918[/snapback]​
google

jabba said:
Harris is bang on. A $200 box of Cubans will cost you $500 in Canada. I live in Canada and refuse to buy cigars here.
[snapback]275808[/snapback]​

Right on. I've traveled Europe and Canada and smoked in several countries. In my recollection, Canada was even more expensive than most European countries.

Wilkey