• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Two Land Hermit Crabs!

MilesMingusMonk said:
KayakinBoy said:
MilesMingusMonk said:
I had a girlfriend with crabs once...
[snapback]294725[/snapback]​

what you and tiara boy do behind close doors is none of this boards business... :sign: :whistling:
[snapback]294874[/snapback]​

Get smacked in the head with an oar again, KB? :whistling:

Man, she was cute in that 80's way. I did look kinda funny after I had to shave my eyebrows though.

crab_louse.gif

Phthirus pubis

[snapback]294893[/snapback]​

Greetings, MilesMingusMonk. What the heck did you see in keeping one of those? They really are ugly. Do those like lettuce and saltine crackers? regards, ggiese

MilesMingusMonk said:

I had one of those too, but I think it was actually tobacco beetles. I didn't leave the cello on the cigar before I ah....nevermind. If I would have come here and posted a cello on/off question, I might not have run into that problem. Then again, the temp/RH of that particular "box" was just asking for tobacco beetles to hatch!

Can you cure crabs by freezing them for a few days?

Regards, bchem. :p

bchem said:

Regards, bchem. :p
[snapback]294974[/snapback]​

Yes, but only if you put the offending girlfriend in a sub-zero professional freezer. A regular home freezer is useless.

What a bunch of amatures. The best way to get rid of crabs is kerosene and match. Works every time. Guarantied.

Your resident STD expert,
Doc,

Devil Doc said:
What a bunch of amatures. The best way to get rid of crabs is kerosene and match. Works every time. Guarantied.

Doc,
[snapback]294981[/snapback]​

Greetings, Devil Doc. OH DAMN YOU!!!! You're already talking about taking kerosene and a match to Knightlairds new friends... :sign: regards, ggiese

Greeting ggiese, had a rough day on the beat,I'll bet. regards,

Doc.

Devil Doc said:
Greeting ggiese, had a rough day on the beat,I'll bet. regards,

Doc.
[snapback]294993[/snapback]​

greetings, DevilDoc!!! Nah - not really... LMAO regards, ggiese

This thread is too much!!! :laugh: Don't even know what to say...how's this?

Greetings! Uh....(_*_)...Regards, bchem.

I had a couple of these when I was a kid. I remember I had to keep a little pool of saltwater in there for them. Do you have to do that? I remember having to change it all the time, and worrying that I got the concentration wrong. Kind of like the salt test, come to think of it.

Mine all died in short order, so I guess I did something wrong.

JK

Hi, JimK! No, there is no pool of saltwater required. These are land hermit crabs. I keep their water dish supplied with fresh natural spring water for their drinking purposes. Regards, knightlaird

Hi, coventrycat86! Please see my Post #7, where I have already corrected the spelling. Regards, knightlaird

knightlaird said:
Hi, coventrycat86! Please see my Post #7, where I have already corrected the spelling. Regards, knightlaird
[snapback]295256[/snapback]​

:laugh: Excellent!! Sorry I missed it.

I had just gotten to the point where I thought this thread had gone away.

Devil Doc said:

Doc,

My wife is the STD Project Cordinator at our local jail. She concurs that kerosene and a match will also insure that future occurances of an STD will be much rarer in the person that cure is used on.

ggiese said:
MilesMingusMonk said:
KayakinBoy said:
MilesMingusMonk said:

what you and tiara boy do behind close doors is none of this boards business... :sign: :whistling:
[snapback]294874[/snapback]​

Get smacked in the head with an oar again, KB? :whistling:

Man, she was cute in that 80's way. I did look kinda funny after I had to shave my eyebrows though.

Greetings, MilesMingusMonk. What the heck did you see in keeping one of those? They really are ugly. Do those like lettuce and saltine crackers? regards, ggiese
[snapback]294934[/snapback]​

Greetings, Ggiese! It wasn't my decision to keep them...they just never seem to go away. They survive quite well on a diet of Gold Bond and Old Spice. I've named them Itchy and Scratchy. Regards, MilesMingusMonk

cigarsarge said:
Devil Doc said:

Doc,

My wife is the STD Project Cordinator at our local jail. She concurs that kerosene and a match will also insure that future occurances of an STD will be much rarer in the person that cure is used on.
[snapback]295520[/snapback]​
Affirmation is a wonderful thing. :laugh:

Doc.

bchem said:
[snapback]294974[/snapback]​
Perhaps we should consult Swissy about this. Or some of our Cheesehead or MN brothers. ;)

Kidding aside these are great pets. My kids loved them. Unfortunately ours did not live out to a ripe old age. They are expert escape artists and one night my wife heard a "crunch" underfoot on a nighttime excursion and that was that.