• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unexpected drama at an online store. Opinions wanted.

Matt Rushmore said:
Really Miles and Tone?

I got ten bucks says at least one of you two owns an import vehicle, and both of you have shopped online before to save money. May 'karma' as you say, come back to bite both of you.
I've shopped online to save money, but if my local has what I want, and they are competitive (within $10-15) then I'll pick my local every time.   Why?  For one, my B&M has never pulled a bait and switch with me.  That makes it worth it alone.  Also, if something is wrong with the purchase, I can walk in and replace it without having to deal with some "customer service" flunky over the phone/net getting paid minimum wage who couldn't give a shit less about me or my issue.   My cigars aren't dry from shipping, and I don't have to come on here to piss and moan about it.  Also, my local hosts events, gives me great suggestions, gives me a chance to try things, has a lounge I use, and employees good people I like to talk to.  That alone is worth not saving $9 whole freaking dollars.

Don't want to deal with a bait and switch, use a vendor you know and trust that won't try to swindle you.

tomthirtysix said:
You're not giving him the answer he wants to hear, Sneed.
How many "bees" is equal to $9?  I suck at math.

CMontoya79 said:
Name calling will get you nowhere, miles and tone-ny are two good BOTL.
Tone's a good guy, but let's not go overboard for the other guy who won't even put on pants.

Montoya and Sneed, thanks for the straight up and serious answers. I realize the guys who called me a cheap bastard just to be asses are your friends considering the number of posts they have made here but that doesn't mean I'm gonna take unnecessary abuse. I've got nothing invested in this site and people only deserve the respect they give. Just thought this forum looked like a nice bunch of people with a similar interest.

Are you corrupt Tone? I have no idea, but you're kind of a hipocrit if I'm a cheap bastard for shopping online but you have no problem doing it yourself as long as its enough of a savings to hit your 'magic number' that makes it ok. Rest assured though, even though I support America, if your Yugo breaks because they held it together with gum to pull a fast one on you I wont personally attack you or say it's your fault for not getting a Ford.

I am glad Nat Sherman has locals like you to support them because their online business to me is not 'reputable'. If the phone conversation I had with them was as straight forward and nice as you make them sound, I wouldn't be concerned about my credit card.

And, you're right, after looking at Miles' past posts, he is a troll. I guess every site has a few of them.

OK, Cigarpass crew, light me up (and I'm not talking about a stick), I am kind of curious if more folks are at the same level as Miles and I'm betting it will be entertaining reads. My job is done anyway. I got the word out about an unreputable company and I feel better about it. All any of us have is our voice.

Now it's the trolls time to shine I guess. Lay it on this cheap bastard who deserves anything he gets for his evil thoughts of buying online!

One quick last thing to sneed, if I didn't "come on here to piss and moan about it" you wouldnt have had as much to read today. You had to be wanting at least a bit more than another day of just the "Todays Smoke" thread. :) Then again maybe not.

The tag on my "import" says it was made in America. Wonder if the same can be said about your American car.

And for what it's worth, Los and Jesus got Tone a bunch of aftermarket parts for his Yugo, so it won't be falling apart.

Matt Rushmore said:
Montoya and Sneed, thanks for the straight up and serious answers. I realize the guys who called me a cheap bastard just to be asses are your friends considering the number of posts they have made here but that doesn't mean I'm gonna take unnecessary abuse. I've got nothing invested in this site and people only deserve the respect they give. Just thought this forum looked like a nice bunch of people with a similar interest.

Are you corrupt Tone? I have no idea, but you're kind of a hipocrit if I'm a cheap bastard for shopping online but you have no problem doing it yourself as long as its enough of a savings to hit your 'magic number' that makes it ok. Rest assured though, even though I support America, if your Yugo breaks because they held it together with gum to pull a fast one on you I wont personally attack you or say it's your fault for not getting a Ford.

I am glad Nat Sherman has locals like you to support them because their online business to me is not 'reputable'. If the phone conversation I had with them was as straight forward and nice as you make them sound, I wouldn't be concerned about my credit card.

And, you're right, after looking at Miles' past posts, he is a troll. I guess every site has a few of them.

OK, Cigarpass crew, light me up (and I'm not talking about a stick), I am kind of curious if more folks are at the same level as Miles and I'm betting it will be entertaining reads. My job is done anyway. I got the word out about an unreputable company and I feel better about it. All any of us have is our voice.

Now it's the trolls time to shine I guess. Lay it on this cheap bastard who deserves anything he gets for his evil thoughts of buying online!

One quick last thing to sneed, if I didn't "come on here to piss and moan about it" you wouldnt have had as much to read today. You had to be wanting at least a bit more than another day of just the "Todays Smoke" thread. :) Then again maybe not.

Matt Rushmore said:

Miles and Tone aren't trolls, and they damn sure aren't hypocrits. They've both contributed more here than 95% of the people here will.  I would advise you to stop attacking prominent members, because that will get you nowhere quickly.   They answered your question honestly at first, and you got your panties in a twist and went on the smart mouth attack.  That crap doesn't fly here, especially when we all know them, and don't know crap about you.  You want to come in here all full of piss and vinegar, you're going to get it right back at you. 

Lose your attitude, or hit the door.  You don't like how we do business, then treat us the same as Nat Sherman.  Take your business elsewhere. 

We believe in supporting our local shops, and our CP vendors as much as possible, even if it costs a few bucks more.  Why?  For all the reasons I states above.  We take care of them, and they take care of us.  If that isn't the answer you want, then this may not be the right place for you.   We're friendly, but we're also tough and honest until you've earned our respect. 

Hey if they charge your credit card you do have a recourse. You've gotten your word out on Nat Sherman's on-line business, no one is saying you should get bent. We are trying to explain that there is more to cigars than getting the best price, service and satisfaction are the best qualities.

We have plenty of vendors here that sell on-line and are extremely reputable. But when it comes down to it my Yugo is the shitz and I am the envy of all who sees it!

Me and the wife drive Fords which are 75% USA made. We support Flint rock and Dearborn MI. Don't expect to come guns a blazin and not get flack for it homie.

sneed, if someone calling me a cheap bastard because I have concerns about an online retailer and asked nicely for opinions on what was good business these days, is answering my question honestly, they need to read more of the other posts that are a bit more friendly. Way to stick up for your buddies though i guess.

Tone, on a serious note, my co-worker had a Yugo and that thing went for freakin ever! ;) I was just trying to make a point that maybe my magic number for shopping online was less than other folks magic savings number and it didnt mean I dont support local business or make me a 'bastard'.

OK, keep 'em comin guys! I doubt anyone can tell me off better than sneed just did but I'm interested in finding out. I tried the serious post, but it's obvious you guys need some excitement so consider me an excellent scape goat. Or, go back to the smoke of the day thread if that gets your juices flowing more.

:0

My Victory Vegas is supposedly made by Polaris in the US but has a lot of metric parts so I dont know what to believe on that one.

I drive a Ford that has an Italian motor, built in Canada, with electronics from Mexico. I guess I hate this country :rolleyes:

See the way this works is never to use bad words in your post. Get your point accross with out name calling, make reference to what the issue is and then let it fly.

Once the the hook is set don't react to the taste of the bait until you are unhooked and released. No one wants to get taken advantage of, but the way you explained it the savings were very small for the what it was. Your local B&M outlet was a better value plus you got the product right away as was explained.

You've been here a while and see what it takes to get the interest of the locals.

Just go away.
  Damn I've been here for a while, can I just take a timeout?

What did I miss? I was out in the Ford enjoying the benefits of pantless commuting with heated seats.

tone-ny said:
See the way this works is never to use bad words in your post. Get your point accross with out name calling, make reference to what the issue is and then let it fly.

I agree. Thats why I didnt understand why I was being called a bastard. No worries.

Agreed, lets let this just die a nice death. Definitely not where I wanted this thread to go. I got offended with the cheap bastard comment and I stand up for myself. My bad I guess. I should have just let it go.

CMontoya79 said:
This is gettin troll status. It's been seen many a times.
Who in the hell do you think you are to come in here and tell us who is trolling?  Why I oughta....

:laugh: Just kidding.

Matt Rushmore said:
Agreed, lets let this just die a nice death. Definitely not where I wanted this thread to go. I got offended with the cheap bastard comment and I stand up for myself. My bad I guess. I should have just let it go.
Jeez.....did you not see the little emoticon after the "cheap bastard" in his post? That means it was said in jest. If you were "expecting too much" from here or the people here, why even post your little rant? At this point you need to just STFU and go back to Puff if that's where you came from....btw, who the fuck are you anyway? :thumbs:

(see the emoticon? It means I'm being sarcastic....just so you don't get the wrong impression of me! ;)  - see, there's another one!)