• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unexpected drama at an online store. Opinions wanted.

Damn, you guys need to make up your minds. CJ is telling me I've gone soft and Gary (ironpeddler) is texting me asking why I'm a "cranky bastard". See Matt, you've not been the only one who's been called some type of bastard today!

You guys keep pretty much saying that when no one knows you on here you gotta watch your ps and qs or you get ganged up on and once you're known you can be as rude as you want. I've been on here almost a year and no one knows me. Well, I guess I'm getting known now. Gimme a few more weeks and I'll be spewing profanities and posting cow bell photos with the best of 'em. :p <- emoticon (Talk to Jonesy concerning the meaning)

Thanks for making light of it Jonesy. Unfortunately I didnt take it sarcastically as I guess I should have. I was still in a bad mood from the bait and switch I guess. 
And thanks to Bsneed for the pm.

Since I cant change the title of this thread to "Unexpected Drama at CP", I guess for now I'll just take heed to Jonesy's  signature quote that I'm hoping just refers to this site. And man 'o man, I hope it's quick and I dont gotta smile too big. ???

Matt Rushmore said:
You guys keep pretty much saying that when no one knows you on here you gotta watch your ps and qs or you get ganged up on and once you're known you can be as rude as you want. I've been on here almost a year and no one knows me. Well, I guess I'm getting known now. Gimme a few more weeks and I'll be spewing profanities and posting cow bell photos with the best of 'em. :p <- emoticon (Talk to Jonesy concerning the meaning)

Thanks for making light of it Jonesy. Unfortunately I didnt take it sarcastically as I guess I should have. I was still in a bad mood from the bait and switch I guess. 

Since I cant change the title of this thread to "Unexpected Drama at CP", I guess for now I'll just take heed to Jonesy's  signature quote that I'm hoping just refers to this site. And man 'o man, I hope it's quick and I dont gotta smile too big. ???
Nice recovery. Now, buy local.

Bsneed51 said:
This is gettin troll status. It's been seen many a times.
Who in the hell do you think you are to come in here and tell us who is trolling?  Why I oughta....

:laugh: Just kidding.
You oughta.. But will you? :) LOL LMFAO :) (with sarcasm)

Jonesy said:
Damn, you guys need to make up your minds. CJ is telling me I've gone soft and Gary (ironpeddler) is texting me asking why I'm a "cranky bastard". See Matt, you've not been the only one who's been called some type of bastard today!

You're a soft, cranky bastard. What's not to understand?

Who can tell me the point of "More Cowbell"!?

There's a 5r of smokes on the line...make it good...,make it real...bang on!!

hint...there are two parts...but feel free to come up with more.

1. That was Christopher Walkens fourth time hosting the show an he played Bruce Dickinson ( he claims to be the one who asked for the cowbells in , don't fear the reaper)who is a producer.

2. Ferrell played Gene Frenkle (modeled after Eric Bloom) of Blue Oyster Cult.

3. The song Don't Fear the Reaper actually has cowbells in it.
What do I win? :D

Matt Rushmore said:

:thumbs:

...and my sig tag,...well, it was just sig tag worthy!

I have been ordering cigars online for years from "Cigar Place", and they have never let me down. Their customer service is very good, and when I had a problem with a box, they sent me a return label, sent me a new box plus 5 extra cigars for my trouble.

Matt Rushmore said:
Is good customer service gone, is Nat Sherman corrupt, or am I just expecting too much? Serious question.  

I may have grown up in a time where, in general,  there was better customer service than in recent years, but there are two things I thought still remained…….companies standing by their prices and no bait and switch.

Not at NetSherman.com. They change their price after you order and get an invoice, to a price well above your invoice and the norm.

One of my preferred smokes is a Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf Torpedo. I can get them at my local lounge for $75 for a box of fifteen on Tuesdays (every Tuesday anything is 15% off). Alternatively, online at Natsherman.com the posted price was $66.25 ($57.75 plus $8.50 shipping). That’s $9 cheaper. Every one of their Casa Fernandez cigars were priced well. But since I’d never ordered from them and I had a full humi when I found their site over two months ago I didn't buy any at that time.

Well, my supply has been getting low recently so I visited the Nat Sherman site again on 3/26/13 and the sticks were still there. So I purchased a box. $66.25 instead of my normal local $75.

They arrived via ground shipping. They were a bit dry but not too terribly bad. Besides packing peanuts there was only the maufacturer’s cellophane around the cigar box which was ripped (no water pillows or Ziploc or anything)  so the dryness wasn’t too shocking. They were ok. I figured some time in the humi would fix that no problem, maybe I just got a bit unlucky with that box, and hey, good price.

Since they were passable I figured I’d get more but when I went back to their site the price was now (and still is) $118. Whoa. Really? The highest price anywhere else online during a quick google search is $92. So now they are well overpriced. BIG difference.

I checked the other Casa Fernandez sticks and they were all still their old prices at that point which was ten days after my initial order. So, in case this was a long sale that ended soon on all the other ones also, I decided to place more of a regular size order. This time I ordered 4 boxes of Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva Toros. At my shop on Tuesdays a box is $89 and some change and at Nat Sherman they were $75.25 ($66.75 plus $8.50 shipping).

Well, it was three days ago that I placed that order and today I get a phone call from Tina at NatSherman.com telling me they can’t fulfill my order because the price on their website was wrong. For over two months? And 10 days after they sold me a similarly priced box of the same brand, which they only carry 5 varieties of, they hadn’t fixed it? And they’re not going to honor it after sending me a completed invoice and holding my Visa for 3 days?

You won’t even honor one box? All your Casa Fernandez’s are similarly priced. “Sorry sir. It was a pricing error.  They are $130 a box. I would be happy to throw in a free cigar and shipping.”

So, now she’s pretty much doubling the price on me and telling me she’ll give me a free cigar ($6?) and shipping ($8.50) and charge me $245 dollars more than my invoice?  And they already have my credit card info? Uh Oh.

(Doing a google search for “Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva Toro” even just the first three results are $113, $115, and $109, two of them with free shipping, which is a far cry under their $130 per box). What’s going on with this place!? They had good prices (definitely not too low to honor on a small order like mine even if it was a legitimate pricing mistake) and now they have my Visa and want to charge me more than any other place?

Pricing mistakes may happen but not ones that last over two months, and not after they would have been aware of any issues 10 days prior for sure. If I go to my local cigar lounge, heck even Target or Walmart or Kmart, and they have a price on an item on the shelf, they sell it to me for that price.  They don’t tell you they are going back on their word because they mismarked them all. They honor the marked price, gain a customer, and then fix the price.

I wonder how often this bait and switch works for Nat Sherman.

Seriously, opinions are welcome.

*edited for clarity after a quick read through.
*edited quickly again for grammar. Oops. :)

It was nice of them to send you the first box at a discount and to call you directly on the error.

Here's something from their website:
--------------------------------------------------
Errors or Omissions
Charles Kurault said, "If you write enough words, one or two of them may jump up and bite you." Please forgive us for any errors or omissions this site may contain. If you notice one of these imperfections, please let us know. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
--------------------------------------------------

Some stores, vs. their online sales, are different regarding price honoring. Comparing Walmart to a cigar shop is a stretch - but that's another thread. 
But take Amazon or other online retailers...they won't honor errors - you just get an email saying the product was cancelled.

Gratitude for getting a good price on the first box and not getting your card charged full price (you got a phone call instead) seem more in order. But that's just me.

If it were a bait and switch...you wouldn't have gotten the first box.

This thread needs more....

tone-ny said:
 Miles is a troublemaker, I on the other hand will guide you down the primrose lane.

Bsneed51 said:
Name calling will get you nowhere, miles and tone-ny are two good BOTL.
Tone's a good guy, but let's not go overboard for the other guy who won't even put on pants.

Matt Rushmore said:
And, you're right, after looking at Miles' past posts, he is a troll. I guess every site has a few of them.

Okay you fuggers bastards assholes gentlemen, be warned, I have yet to submit my 2013 member auto-ban requests to Rod as stipulated in my 2010 CigarPass contract extension...

grateful1 said:
Who can tell me the point of "More Cowbell"!?

There's a 5r of smokes on the line...make it good...,make it real...bang on!!

hint...there are two parts...but feel free to come up with more.

BornaTiger said:
1. That was Christopher Walkens fourth time hosting the show an he played Bruce Dickinson ( he claims to be the one who asked for the cowbells in , don't fear the reaper)who is a producer. 2. Ferrell played Gene Frenkle (modeled after Eric Bloom) of Blue Oyster Cult. 3. The song Don't Fear the Reaper actually has cowbells in it. What do I win? :D

I'll just leave this right here.

^^^^ What He Said^^^^

cowbell.gif

I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of you.  Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records...

MilesMingusMonk said:
 Miles is a troublemaker, I on the other hand will guide you down the primrose lane.

Bsneed51 said:

Name calling will get you nowhere, miles and tone-ny are two good BOTL.
Tone's a good guy, but let's not go overboard for the other guy who won't even put on pants.

Matt Rushmore said:
And, you're right, after looking at Miles' past posts, he is a troll. I guess every site has a few of them.

Okay you fuggers bastards assholes gentlemen, be warned, I have yet to submit my 2013 member auto-ban requests to Rod as stipulated in my 2010 CigarPass contract extension...

Out of curiosity, are you aware of the Double Jeopardy clause in the Constitution?  If so, I'm free and clear for 2013!