• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UNHAPPY WITH GURKHA

Joey Cigars

Banned
Went to a Gurkha Cigar night at local lounge last night - It was a fun night with friends but I am VERY UNHAPPY with the Gurkha Rep. and cigars.

I Smoked a Gurkha Evil & it EXPLODED when I lit it, the wrapper just fell off then 3/4 through the cigar it just went out and I could not, for the life of me get it started again. When I complained to the Rep. the Rep. told me "the complaint department was closed".

The cigars were WAY OVER PRICED and the Rep. was a jerk.

Im not a rich person by any means so for $8.00 a stick he could have at least replaced the cigar with a new one but, to be a arrogant asshole was uncalled for.

I dont think I will be smoking any more Gurkha's until I can get this bad taste out of my mouth.
:angry:

I agree with both of you. Gurkhas don't even call a door bell for an alarm. As far as the rep, he should have bent over to make you a happy camper. Heck, he ain't paying for the damn sticks.

Live a little, learn a lot.

You should relay that story to Corporate. I have a feeling they wouldn't appreciate that attitude.

I would also ask that you post the results of that endeavor on CP so as to either change, or reinforce our perceptions.

As for the cigars, I have only smoked one that was halfway decent. I just think they are mediocre at best, with any

dissatisfaction compounded by the the excessive amount of hype, and wallet raping that spews forth.

I know this is just reinforcement of all the comments so far, but Gurkha cigars are really just no good. I have smoked three and didn't finish any of em.

That rep most definitely should have replaced the cigar, even if it was with something different from your original cigar. Any gesture of good faith, is better than his rude comment. There is any easy solution to this problem, forget about the Gurkhas. Like you haven't already, I'm sure. There are plenty of other great manufacturers out there.

I've been disappointed more often than not with Gurkha. I don't really care for their blends. Too bad about the rep. An attitude like that will really turn you off to a brand.

Gurhka is a gimmicky company trying to pass off, for the most part, the same cigar under many, many different lines. They haven't even remotely tasted good in the past couple years. They seem to always fall apart, especially the uncalled for huge ring gauge lines. And I won't be smoking any more for the rest of my life. Sorry you had to deal with an arrogant prick. But they seem to think they make high quality cigars.

K. Hansotia (sp?) doesn't even smoke cigars....or so I've heard. Fancy that.

That rep should be fired. Sorry about what sounds like a very irritating experience.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with your smoke and the asshat rep! As the others have said, the only Gurkha that I have smoked was junk...Luckily the owner of the lounge that I go to didn't charge me for it.

I'm sure that you will soon forget about the Gurkha line...

The existence of this thread parallels a comment like "When it is hot out, it is warm."

What a Jurkha! ;)

He should have at least replaced it, IMO.

I like a few of their blends but there are so many I like more I never buy them.

No offense to Ghurka fans, but overall their cigars suck too bad for their reps to be jerks like that. Hell, as bad as they are that rep should been kissin' your arse and offering to replace the dud (although the replacement would probably be a dud as well). It sounds like that guy is in the wrong line of work.

Gurkha sucks plain and simple. Only smoked one and that was enough for me to last a life time...

Funny thing is my local B&M loves Gurkha, he throws Gurkha parties a few times over the summer. He always has the latest "blend" they have come out with. Well about a month he gifted me two of the Triad's one natural and one maduro. The Natural did exactly what said the one you smoked did and from a stick that retails @ $50 that was uncalled for but to tell you the truth I expected it. I have had nothing but bad experiances with them except for maybe one or two. They are just not worth the price for any blend imho.... I have had better flavor profiles with my yard gars.

I personally will never buy any Gurkha for myself ever again. I gave what I had left to some of the guys at work ( they are not really smokers) but they like some of the other puppy projectiles that I give them, but not Gurkha.

Add me to the list of exploding, overpriced, beetle infested Gurkha haters. I would imagine out of their multitude of blends there might be one or two that aren't bad. I'm not going to smoke 50 different blends to try to find that diamond in the rough.

In the last 10 years or so i've only hag 1 cigar with a beetle hole in it. You guessed it, it was from a 5 pack of Gurkhas - Symphony Robostos to be exact. I think I got it that way from CI because I didn't have any other cigars with holes and no active beetles. When they came in I just threw them in one of my humi's and when I went to smoke it months later I found the hole. I didn't freeze all my other cigars because by the time I noticed it if there was going to be a problem it would have already happened. That was my first and last adventure into Gurkhas. I dodged a potentially expensive bullet there. With quality control like that they can keep them. That did teach me to segragate all incoming stock for a little while though.