• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Update on Coolidor

fegbri

fegbri
So I finally got some free time to update my cigarpass profile. Wanted to share what my humidor and coolidor look like now. They have both worked like a dream with 65% beads over the past year. Couldn't have done it without this site!!!

First day constructed...
gallery_8835_1317_2505.jpg

Now...
gallery_8835_1317_31456.jpg

gallery_8835_1317_25826.jpg

Looking to fill more once I get more $$$

Great start and set up!! I can not wait to build mine next month for my birthday!! LOL

Looks nice & organized...

Yea, I started out with my 1st coolidor being nice and organized. Then, as it got fuller & fuller, I just had to stuff boxes and sticks in baggies any were they would fit. So, I got another coolidor. Same thing... nice and organized then POW!!!. Stuffed. Now, I'm on my 3rd coolidor and I know what's going to happen...

POW !!!

:0

I am a little jealous of you guys. I don't think this will work here in the desert, just two damn hot. If you keep your house at 72-75 there is no place to keep a cooler that will hold 69 imho.

PJ

I just got my cooler this afternoon from Wal-Mart, and I am curious too of it working in a warm climate.

We keep the house A/C'd at 72º, and it keeps everything very cool, should I be concerned?

I just got my cooler this afternoon from Wal-Mart, and I am curious too of it working in a warm climate.

We keep the house A/C'd at 72º, and it keeps everything very cool, should I be concerned?

My cooler temp, for the last 7 years, is mid to upper 60s all winter, and 70s, spiking to the 90's during hot spells in the summer. I've never had a problem. I'm not a believer that a steady 68 is necessary.

After doing all the reading here, I just submited and bought the vino temps. Now I am not worried about beetles or mold. This place can pucker a guy right up over the proper way to age sticks.

PJ

I've had a couple of really baffling beetles. My humi's never get over 70, rarely over 65 and I've still had a couple. I'm at a loss and am just freezing everything in hopes that none of those fuggers will bear their ugly heads again. Time will tell. Just keep a watchful eye on your stash so you can catch them early!

My cooler temp, for the last 7 years, is mid to upper 60s all winter, and 70s, spiking to the 90's during hot spells in the summer. I've never had a problem. I'm not a believer that a steady 68 is necessary.

X2 on this...

Nicely done, i need to get a couple of those trays!

Nice trays in your coolidor. Can't fathom why I never thought about doing that in my own coolidor. Thanks for the idea.

I had to cut them down and re-glue them to fit perfectly on the ledge. It took some skills, but the end result was worth it!

Nice start. In no time at all you'll become a Tetris expert! I have to play on my iPhone just to keep my skills up. :)

just got a vinotemp wine cooler, had the intention of lining it with cedar after i got it i realized it wasnt big enough. reall bummer bt im on the way to return it so i can get a bigger one and have a sick cigar cooler cant wait. fegbri i see you are an opus fan huh? you got some nice smokes in there!

Very nice!
Coolidor is the best way to go.
Humidor or vinotemp is much more expensive.

Fegbri, I see you zip tie your tubes to prevent rolling in your humi, did you ever snag the foot of a cigar yet when moving smokes around?

VERY nice smokes in there, yummmmm!