• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Updated Arsenal

How come you went with a Savage action for the .308 instead of a pre 64 model 70 winchester, or a Remington 700? if you are putting that kind of money into a rifle why not spend a little more to go with a better action?
B

The Savage is a great base for a rifle. They are very accurate, and don't break the bank. You could easily spend 3X the cash on another rifle and get the same accuracy. I have 2 10FPs (.223 and .308 w/ the Choate stock) and a 110FP in .308. Heh, his scope probably cost more than the whole rifle package. I love it.

The Savage is a great base for a rifle. They are very accurate, and don't break the bank. You could easily spend 3X the cash on another rifle and get the same accuracy. I have 2 10FPs (.223 and .308 w/ the Choate stock) and a 110FP in .308. Heh, his scope probably cost more than the whole rifle package. I love it.

He could have gotten a better action like the ones that I listed (remington 700, Winchester Pre 64 model 70) for only a small amount more. Far better actions for this type of rifle. And when spending the money to go with accesories like a Mcmillan A5 stock, and a Nightforce scope what does a couple hundred bucks more (if that) matter? When that small fraction would better the gun. Like right now you can pick up a brand new Remington 700 .308 varmint, which has the 26" Heavy Bull Barrel for only $589. And has a action that is far superior to the Savage. $589 is a low price for a base rifle when building a precision rifle. The Remington Varmint .308 is the same barreled action as a remington 700 PSS (Police Sniper) model, which has been discontinued and around here goes for about $1000 for a used one. All the Varmint model 700 is lacking is a better stock, which is taken care of is the Mcmillan stock that he got. Or in my case of preference I like the HS Precision stocks that are free floated and have the Full length aluminum pillar bedding block.
B

"25mW Green Laser Sight - For the zombies, it scares them."

HAHA I love that! :thumbs: