• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Updated Warranty Seal

Light this!

Licensed to Kill
Wasn't sure if everyone was aware of the updated warranty seal as of late 2011. It appears that the the serial numbers have been micro-printed within the actual seal to combat the gray market. Normally the serial number is removed prior to shipment from some vendors. I imagine soon they will be peeling off the entire seal before shipment but who knows. I was just made aware of this week. More info here http://www.cubanciga...aging.htm#Seals. I checked a couple of my boxes and sure enough they are there. I found them on couple of 2011 boxes and all of my 2012's but hard to see though. I know that anything can be counterfeited but I think this makes it just a little tougher.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10573]

Thanks for the heads up... I like that as long as they don't start pulling the seal/s, that would be a bit of an annoyance!

wasn't aware of this, but i just checked on one of the boxes i received, those "7 areas" where the serial number are HIDDEN are scratched off

Thank you "Light This" !!
Sharing info like this from others is one of the reasons I joined CP
Very useful except Im spending all day going over all my seals w/a freaking magnifying glass and my wife thinks Im insane.

BTW, what part of Bronx were you from ? I grew up around Broadway and 238th St near Van Cortlandt Park.