• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

US customs and border protection yellow tape

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
Yup.. Package opened and inspected. Contents in package arrived with small problems.
Slight damage to the foot of a cple cigars cigar due to the package being cut open with knife for inspection.

Taped back up and sent.

Looks like they are also inspecting UPS /FEDEX/ DHL..Not just isolated to USPS airmail/priority anymore.

Just be cautious This is the 3rd time(not personally) I have seen this happen in the past month.

How nice. I feel so much safer now. It's that same warm fuzzy I get when the TSA drones take away a 120 ml bottle of conditioner because of...well, there must be a good reason to, right? ???

Wilkey

Well, you got the package with the contents, I would say that's good news Alex.

A sore foot is better than a hard smack on your ass. :laugh:

Brian

Yea, I've probably seen the same posts you are referring to Alex.

Apparently they were searching for something else when they opened your box. Lucky.

I've seen it a few times as well. Better than the alternative though.

I'm a little bit lost here.

Alex lives in Guatemala, right?

Why is the U.S. Customs looking in shipments going to Guatemala?

Is there a link to "the posts" that Tape is talking of so that I don't have the dumb look on my face anymore?

Ack, I was fooled. Forgive me.

I'm still curious about the posts that describe the subject in more detail though.

OK so....The man didn't confiscate or send you a nasty letter? They just taped everything back up and sent them on their way? This doesn't make sense, maybe the bugged the cigars or something?

TSAs are not customs officials and they do not have training in what items are contraband and not permitted to enter. They have a list of items that they look to find. I suppose that cigars are not on their list. That being said, they do have a law enforcement connection - though they are not police - and I am sure that if they opened a bag and found, let's say a pound of cocaine or a pound of marijuana, you would be in serious trouble. Count your blessings that they got through because they certainly knew they were illegal.

How nice. I feel so much safer now. It's that same warm fuzzy I get when the TSA drones take away a 120 ml bottle of conditioner because of...well, there must be a good reason to, right? ???

Wilkey

The "good reason" is that you can't carry on any liquids or gels more than 3 ounces (~100 ml) by volume. If you want to bring more than it must be in your checked luggage. This policy was put in to place as a result of some terrorist's attempt to detonate a liquid bomb in August of 2006 but seeing as how you're a pretty smart guy, my guess is you already knew that.

I think you calling TSA agents "drones" is out of line. :angry: Do you think you're better than them or something? ???

Wilkey

The "good reason" is that you can't carry on any liquids or gels more than 3 ounces (~100 ml) by volume. If you want to bring more than it must be in your checked luggage. This policy was put in to place as a result of some terrorist's attempt to detonate a liquid bomb in August of 2006 but seeing as how you're a pretty smart guy, my guess is you already knew that.

I think you calling TSA agents "drones" is out of line. :angry: Do you think you're better than them or something? ???

No more Scotch for you on Sundays.

Well, you got the package with the contents, I would say that's good news Alex.

A sore foot is better than a hard smack on your ass. :laugh:

Brian
That depends on who is doing the smacking...

Jesus Crow, fellas. Lighten up a little bit. :rolleyes:

It's a bomb! *waves arms screaming in a muppet-like fashion*