• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USPS.COM

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Does this work for anyone? I go to the USPS website, click on Print a shipping label and it just sits there.

I've tried it on 3 other computers here.

Anyone else having problems?

I'm starting to us Click and Ship, but I think UPS is gunna be what I start using more often. oh and works fine for me.

I have used this for a long time, and it has been fairly problem free for me...Just tried it, it works fine here currently.

no problems here Brandon... I even had a printer screwup and it allowed my to re-print without being charged a second time.

Pretty much all I use now.

See if you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer (used to view PDF files). We have websites that generate UPC's, and the client must have this software installed to see the barcodes, even though it doesn't say that.

They might be using something different, but that's the only thing I could think of.

I use Click-n-Ship on a regular basis and have had no problems. I have heard that others have had problems, though. I love it -- along with the free supplies and pickups, it's been a great time saver.

I hope you get the issue resolved. I think you'd like it.

Pyre said:
See if you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer (used to view PDF files). We have websites that generate UPC's, and the client must have this software installed to see the barcodes, even though it doesn't say that.

They might be using something different, but that's the only thing I could think of.
[snapback]260874[/snapback]​
I believe that USPS.com uses Java. Make sure you have the latest version

Thanks guys. It was fine up until I got a new laptop. I'll make sure my Java and Adobe is up to par.

What's weird is that I tried this on 3 other computers.

**edited for spelling***

Just an idea, some spyware/anti viruses and such could prevent the site from loading. I'd disable them and see if it allows you to precede. I'd also try clearing your cache. Just my best guess...

Make sure you allow cookies and popups from the usps site.

Well, it might be our network for some reason. We can get anywhere on the damn site, just not when you click on Print a shipping label.

Oh well, I'll just drive my happy arse to the Post office.

One other thing to try is to open Acrobat before you try to print.
I've had Acrobat hang on me before.

Jim

Fast4Dr said:
Pyre said:
See if you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer (used to view PDF files).  We have websites that generate UPC's, and the client must have this software installed to see the barcodes, even though it doesn't say that.

[snapback]260874[/snapback]​
I believe that USPS.com uses Java. Make sure you have the latest version
[snapback]260895[/snapback]​
Didn't is used to use Java, now it's Adobe?

bfreebern said:
Does this work for anyone? I go to the USPS website, click on Print a shipping label and it just sits there.

I've tried it on 3 other computers here.

Anyone else having problems?
[snapback]260857[/snapback]​

I had been using it just fine for about a year. The last time I tried to use it it did the same thing to me as it did you. I tried to print 3 times then it told me my label had been cancelled. Like CC said, they used to use Java and now they use Adobe. My Adobe is up to date so I don't know why it isn't working. USPS chose a fine time of year to change their interface. :angry2:

USPS website we use everyday.. its great.

You must have Adobe 6 or better to use it.. (It used to be java, but that changed this year)

simply load up adobe acrobat and it will work fine.

I did that one Sunday afternoon. I was like what the crap,ahh stupid-pop ups. I'm not sure if it is paypal or the actual USPS website, but one of the sites has the shipping label appear as a pop-up.
AVB said:
Make sure you allow cookies and popups from the usps site.
[snapback]260943[/snapback]​

Glad you decided to trot on over to the post office, Brandon. Wouldn't want my package to be delayed! :p :laugh: