• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USPS SUCKS!!!

SKYDIVNEKD

Call me "Walt Kowalski"
Yup, they needed their own thread. I have given them passes in the past, since they seemed to be few and far between. Phuk em!! They’ve earned my disdain at this point.

After thirteen days and TOO many calls, a Priority Mail envelope finally made it to Wichita, KS. Yup, one state away, mind you. They had it in a back and forth cycle for days, until I got someone to listen. (No hate towards Kaylie).

Today, I tracked a package that had made it to 20 miles away, then was sent to the southern most part of Missouri. Yup, sat in Hannibal all weekend, then off to St. Genevieve, MO. I’m sure it’ll be processed better down there, then sent back. May get it next month.

Yet another package(Priority) was in St Louis all weekend, with delivery scheduled for today, and it’s “enroute” to God knows where. Didn’t get delivered today, obviously!!

I can go on with another package or two, but I won’t. It’s senseless. I’ll do my damnedest not to use em any longer. UPS has so far, not hosed me. We’ll see!

Damn it!! A fly just lit IN my bourbon and that’s not helping my mood! I’m out!

Floyd T

First of all, make that dang fly spit it out !

But yes, watching the tracking will drive ya crazy. In recent history, an item I ordered in Missouri, being shipped from Illinois - went to California, Texas, Chicago, and THEN to St Louis.

Crazy.

I use USPS for the majority of my business, and they have definitely gone downhill the past few years. Their move from first class to ground advantage has been horrible. Not sure why they have made so many recent changes. Service continues to decline, yet they are steadily raising their rates. Always been happy with UPS.

I think it's the Saint Louis MO. Hub specifically. I sent a package last week that has sat at that hub for the 4th day now with no movement. I wanted him to get it before Halloween. It still at the sorting hub. Now I'm pissed too.
Had a package sent to me from SC and it was delivered in 2 days. East Coast to West Coast.

I shipped a very expensive piece of tobbiciana that I happen to have just 3 of. Priority from WI to CA. Should have been 3-4 days tops. Handed it to my mail lady. Tracking still says label created, not yet in system. Been 3 weeks. Just sent the guy another one.

Screenshot_20231031-231050_eBay.jpg

The guy has been cool about it.. luckily.

I use USPS for the majority of my business, and they have definitely gone downhill the past few years. Their move from first class to ground advantage has been horrible. Not sure why they have made so many recent changes. Service continues to decline, yet they are steadily raising their rates. Always been happy with UPS.

Yeah, when they first switched, it seemed like the best of both worlds kinda, First Class Mail, but with the Priority $100 insurance included.

But no, just the usual shitshow.

Plus USPS has changed their claim process. For priority / ground advantage, you now have to wait at least 15 days from mailing date before the system will let you file a claim.

I do all of my USPS online, and I pay for it with American express. If anything out of the ordinary happens, I file a claim with American Express and get my money back immediately.

Not that it helps with the delivery, but at least I'm not paying for the shitty service!

I think it's the Saint Louis MO. Hub specifically. I sent a package last week that has sat at that hub for the 4th day now with no movement. I wanted him to get it before Halloween. It still at the sorting hub. Now I'm pissed too.
Had a package sent to me from SC and it was delivered in 2 days. East Coast to West Coast.
Michael, I agree. I have a package "in transit to next location" that's been there four days, today. The "next location" should be "departed St Louis Processing".

The other package I wrote about left St Louis, to Hannibal, then back south PAST St Louis. It's been sitting there for three days now.

They absolutely SUCK down there. Getting to work on the phone right now. We'll see,

Floyd T

I do all of my USPS online, and I pay for it with American express. If anything out of the ordinary happens, I file a claim with American Express and get my money back immediately.

Not that it helps with the delivery, but at least I'm not paying for the shitty service!
Jeff, great idea. I've been with AmEx since 1991 and they are great as it pertains to complaints. I'll do this if/when I have to use USPS going forward.

Floyd T

Our mail guy just came into the office and chatted for a minute. He said they are full staff again finally, but that's because they lifted all the restrictions. You no longer have to wait 2 years become a "full employee" and they are no longer drug testing to hire or stay employed. He said you can imagine how far the bar has slid now. Be ready for it to get a lot worse...

Plus USPS has changed their claim process. For priority / ground advantage, you now have to wait at least 15 days from mailing date before the system will let you file a claim.

Well, no problem for me... it's been 3 GD weeks!

Only problem, sold for $288. I can only make a claim for $100. Does anyone know if they'll also return the now two Priority Mail payments I've paid for the postage too.. or is that part of the $100 insurance?

That's a good idea. I use PirateShip.. that way I can get return on my spend. And I use my Amex Gold. Using ebay, they want you to use your proceeds to pay for their shipping.

Screw that. I don't spend a dime unless I'm getting miles or cashback.

USPS is the quintessential scam artist!

They want you to pay for 3-day priority service but when it doesn't get delivered in 3 days they tell you ........ that was only an estimate.

My sister retired as a postmaster and she has often shared with me, over copious amounts of alcohol, how difficult it is being a postal worker.

Being the smart ass that I am, I said "I know, doing your job is hard work!"

To which she told me to go f*** myself and then we sang a few songs around the campfire.😁

USPS is the quintessential scam artist!

They want you to pay for 3-day priority service but when it doesn't get delivered in 3 days they tell you ........ that was only an estimate.

My sister retired as a postmaster and she has often shared with me, over copious amounts of alcohol, how difficult it is being a postal worker.

Being the smart ass that I am, I said "I know, doing your job is hard work!"

To which she told me to go f*** myself and then we sang a few songs around the campfire.😁
I like your sister.

Seems we all agree that USPS sucks.

Does this mean we've gone postal?