• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vegas Robaina Famosos

duglynukem

Nuclear Advocate
Friday night in the cigar bar "Below Brady" in the Quad Cities. Tangomar handed me a Vegas Robaina Famosos. The size was that of a Robusto but I noticed on an earlier post that Ginseng said it is really Hermosos. The aroma of the wrapper before you light it is awesome. The draw was easy, with lots of smoke. The flavors are really overwhelming, it starts off mildly spicy and picks up flavor as it goes. I was so busy bragging on the cigar that the wives had to try it. The taste is very complex and I probably would just screw it up trying to compare it to something. It was very good. This was the first of these I've ever smoked, I can assure it won't be the last. :D

This little bar has a great no-name jazz band and top shelf martini's. To top all that off Tangomar picks up the tab. Yippee!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DT

Great review for a great smoke!! :thumbs:

I just tried one of these beauties the other night, and I was very impressed. Most of the time it seems the first centimeter of a cigar is always the worst part of the cigar; then in most cases it picks up. So I try not to judge a cigar too soon. But this baby tasted great from the start. It continued to develop new flavors as it progressed and was very interesting and enjoyable until I nubbed it. I can't really recall the flavors; Sean and I split a bottle of wine and some fine conversation during the wee hours of the evening. I was just glad he only lives a couple blocks away. :cool:

This is one that is on my list to acquire in the near future. :thumbs:

Thanks,
- C

Jazz, martinis and cigars. Not many better ways to spend an evening. :thumbs:

Wilkey

duglynukem said:
Friday night in the cigar bar "Below Brady" in the Quad Cities. Tangomar handed me a Vegas Robaina Famosos. The size was that of a Robusto but I noticed on an earlier post that Ginseng said it is really Hermosos. The aroma of the wrapper before you light it is awesome. The draw was easy, with lots of smoke. The flavors are really overwhelming, it starts off mildly spicy and picks up flavor as it goes. I was so busy bragging on the cigar that the wives had to try it. The taste is very complex and I probably would just screw it up trying to compare it to something. It was very good. This was the first of these I've ever smoked, I can assure it won't be the last. :D

This little bar has a great no-name jazz band and top shelf martini's. To top all that off Tangomar picks up the tab. Yippee!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DT
[snapback]288155[/snapback]​

Life is good :p

Where in the QC is Below Brady? I spent a few months living in Davenport while building an expansion onto TPC at the end of '04/beginning of '05 and haven't heard of it.

Hi Brad,

"Below Brady" is a small bar just off of 3rd & Brady Streets in downtown Davenport. Otis is the manager and they have a great cast of waitresses. The River Center is a half block east on 3rd Street from the bar. It's right below a sports bar called the "Starting Line"

PM me next time you're headed this way. We have a number of cigar friendly bars in the QCA.

DT

Definitely a great cigar. didn't appreciate it the first time I had it, but I do now!

Nice review. :thumbs: I have only had a handfull of these...I've liked every single one of them. :)

thanks for the great review... what a fantastic Hermoso No. 4 the VR Famosos is! my first one was so smooth (creamy and complex) that i immediately got a box! sounds like you had a great time... and best of all it was free! ;)

Now... this review pushed me into looking for these. And I discovered that these are hard to get... at least.
:blush:

I just tried one of these beauties the other night, and I was very impressed. Most of the time it seems the first centimeter of a cigar is always the worst part of the cigar; then in most cases it picks up. So I try not to judge a cigar too soon. But this baby tasted great from the start. It continued to develop new flavors as it progressed and was very interesting and enjoyable until I nubbed it. I can't really recall the flavors; Sean and I split a bottle of wine and some fine conversation during the wee hours of the evening. I was just glad he only lives a couple blocks away. :cool:

This is one that is on my list to acquire in the near future. :thumbs:

Thanks,
- C

Just had my first one and much like Blue Dragon on his other cigars' but unlike him on this one I was dismayed for the first centimeter, but WoW after that it was amazing. I really huffed this down as I could not get enough of this wonderful and creamy smoke. I could almost taste a cappucino with cinnamon sprinkled on top. I am still flying, and if it were not for lack of room in the humi I would certainly have a new box on the way for proper aging. This stick was still young and I cannot imagine how wonderful this would have been with some age on it. Wow if all the isom's are this good I am going to be broke inside of 6 months on this board. Ohh well looks like I am definitely going to be building the coolidor this upcoming weekend. :rolleyes:

edited: for my woosy from the smoke spelling...lol

Yup, I'd say this post sums up my experience with VR Famoso. It is definitely up there in the higher eschelon of ISOM smokes (the top has to be Cuaba Distinguido). Copious smoke and cappucino/cinnamon flavors are DEFINITELY there. I nubbed mine too and was so overjoyed I almost lit another one, though I make it a point not too.

I have several more but should consider buying a box (or two) to stick in the back of my humidor cabinet!

Now you got me jonesing one of these bad boys so far from home :p
Great review,
Darren