• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vegas Series 'A' maduro

7Enigma

Today's email:

Vegas Series 'A' Mega-Sampler, only $39.95!
20 superb handmades - at sublime 47% savings
Offer good until Thursday, December 14th, 9AM ET

The steadfast 5 Vegas brand has offered up several winners in the last few years, including Limitada '06, Cask-Strength, and of course this beauty, the Series 'A'. If you're one of the few that has yet to try the fantastic Series 'A' blend, I urge you to jump on this offering with furious abandon. The manufacturer has created exactly 3,000 mega-samplers featuring 20 cigars across four juicy sizes....and it's yours for just $39.95.

Boasting a dark and toothy Costa Rican maduro wrapper, 5 Vegas Series 'A' is blended for those who enjoy robust, medium to full-bodied handmades. Slow-burning, this intoxicating cigar
envelops the palate with an assortment of rich, toasty flavors that smoke smooth right down to the nub. A subtle spice on the finish completes each puff, leaving you fat and happy every time. In short, Series 'A' is a masterpiece you'll fall in love with 20 times over, thanks to these 20-cigar Mega-Samplers. The sampler mazo includes:

5 - 5 Vegas Series 'A' Artisan (5" x 52)
5 - 5 Vegas Series 'A' Archetype (6" x 50)
5 - 5 Vegas Series 'A' Alpha (6" x 52)
5 - 5 Vegas Series 'A' Apostle (7" x 50)

Even before the 47% savings this deal is an easy call. Less than 2 bucks apiece.
Need I say more?

Limit 2 per customer, please

Click here to buy or read more:
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials.asp

Wade I know you are a fan, maybe you can trade CI a clock for this sampler! :p

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do enjoy the deep piles of bullshit these writers come up with for their ads trying to sell cigars. I'm still trying to figure out how a cigar leaves one "fat and happy" :rolleyes: .

No matter how much lipstick they try and put on that pig, it's still a pig. :laugh:

I do double D, those are nice sticks, even better at the price. I just have enough right now nor do I have room for more in the humi!

Yeah, this is bullshit at its finest but I do have to tip my cap to the writer. I especially like the line before the fat and happy one...

"Slow-burning, this intoxicating cigar envelops the palate with an assortment of rich, toasty flavors that smoke smooth right down to the nub".

Boy, that pig is starting to look awfully purdy. :D

I'd believe that if most of you smoked one of these in a blind taste test you'd have more positive results. .02

I'd believe that if most of you smoked one of these in a blind taste test you'd have more positive results. .02

Well, you believe wrong, at least with some people anyway. I've smoked these and I think they smoke and taste like shit and I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Wade,

This was one of my first cigars. I think they are a really good cigar, especially at $2/stick!!

Quade

Well, you believe wrong, at least with some people anyway. I've smoked these and I think they smoke and taste like shit and I'm not the only one who thinks that.
And I thought the same thing about Davidoff's, so I guess to each his own right!

And I thought the same thing about Davidoff's, so I guess to each his own right!

Is this some kind of defense for your fairly indefensible statement that if "most" of us smoked these crappy cigars in a blind taste test, we'd "have more positive results?"

Is this some kind of defense for your fairly indefensible statement that if "most" of us smoked these crappy cigars in a blind taste test, we'd "have more positive results?"
You know, I'm new here and I really don't know your past, but I don't think I've read a post of yours yet where you had a decent attitude. Not sure what crawled up your ass and died, but a trip to the toiley to rid yourself of it would'nt hurt.

I'm simply saying that we all have different tastes, that's fact. I like the 5 Vegas Serie A you don't, that's fact. I don't care for Davidoffs, that's fact. None of those things are disputable, however I still believe that given blind taste tests, a lot of cigar smokers would enjoy cigars in general that they "think" they don't like, if they didn't realize what it was going in and had an open mind. Now of course that is disputable, but it is my opinion...for what it's worth. I'm entitled to mine, you're entitled to yours, I have no problems with that.

I like the 5 Vegas that I have smoked.

Think I will try the A series that Wade sent me this weekend.

You know, I'm new here and I really don't know your past, but I don't think I've read a post of yours yet where you had a decent attitude. Not sure what crawled up your ass and died, but a trip to the toiley to rid yourself of it would'nt hurt.

Right or wrong, dude, this will not end well. But, it's not un-fixable.

I'm simply saying that we all have different tastes, that's fact. I like the 5 Vegas Serie A you don't, that's fact. I don't care for Davidoffs, that's fact. None of those things are disputable, however I still believe that given blind taste tests, a lot of cigar smokers would enjoy cigars in general that they "think" they don't like, if they didn't realize what it was going in and had an open mind. Now of course that is disputable, but it is my opinion...for what it's worth. I'm entitled to mine, you're entitled to yours, I have no problems with that.

There is absolutely no need for you to start attacking me with your lies. If you want to keep going down that path, then go ahead, you will only make things worse for yourself. :rolleyes:

You made a ridulous statement which was that "most" people would "have more positive results" if they smoked these which is let's face it, not a very intelligent thing to say. You may like them but you have no business concluding that "most" people would like these cigars if they didn't know what they were.

I gave a response without any personal attacks and you replied with a defensive attitude completely missing the point that your initial statement was not a very good one.

I never challenged your personal tastes but obviously your feelings are hurt.

I would highly suggest that you drop your attitude and apologize. ;)

Gentlemen,

This sounds like the perfect time for an experiment.

I suggest you each send a blind 5er to each other. 5 sticks, bands removed and numbered. Do not send the bands. Let the review be one that is totally blind.

Include premo sticks and value cigars in the 5er. Both of you smoke the sticks, write and post a review. After the review is posted, the sender will reveal which cigar the reviewer had smoked.

This way you can each have some fun rather than argue and the rest of us can witness the battle of the tastebuds.

Gentlemen,

This sounds like the perfect time for an experiment.

I suggest you each send a blind 5er to each other. 5 sticks, bands removed and numbered. Do not send the bands. Let the review be one that is totally blind.

Include premo sticks and value cigars in the 5er. Both of you smoke the sticks, write and post a review. After the review is posted, the sender will reveal which cigar the reviewer had smoked.

This way you can each have some fun rather than argue and the rest of us can witness the battle of the tastebuds.

Please resist the urge to play "peacemaker" or moderator.

This guy owes me and the entire community an apology and the sooner off he realizes that, the better off he'll be.

CC, maybe it was the way I worded my initial post in this thread. I didn't mean that "most" people would like the smoke if they tried it blind, but rather that if "most" people tried it blind, there would be more positive reviews. I hope I worded that better this time, rereading my original post, I can see how it may have been taken the way in which you replied to it.

As far as the "personal attack", I made no personal attack, just an observation of posts "I've read" of yours. Trust me, if I made a personal attack, (which I wouldn't because I'm just not that kind of a guy) you'd know it. The term "personal attack" is so overused on web forums, there's a huge difference between personal attack and an observation, I made the latter. :rolleyes:

Yeah, this is bullshit at its finest but I do have to tip my cap to the writer. I especially like the line before the fat and happy one...

"Slow-burning, this intoxicating cigar envelops the palate with an assortment of rich, toasty flavors that smoke smooth right down to the nub".

Boy, that pig is starting to look awfully purdy. :D

As a person who formerly made his living writing ad copy, I look forward to every new issue of CI's catalog. I would give a month's pay to sit in on their brainstorming sessions when they're coming up with new ad copy.

Using Orangeman's example....

"Damn thing's plugged" = Slow burning

"Tastes like burnt dog sh*t! Give me some beer to wash my mouth out!" = this intoxicating cigar envelops the palate with an assortment of rich, toasty flavors

They way they wax on about the "velvety smooth wrappers", "looks good enough to eat" never fails to crack me up.

CI's absolute best ploy is their MSRP! I would love to meet the person who's paying $30.00 a stick for those Centurian XX's!! I have some property on the coast I'd like to sell him, it will make a great homesite, once the water's removed!

Having said all of the above, I will admit to purchasing several of their smokes based on the glowing descriptions provided in their catalog, it's part of the initiation ritual when one takes up this habit .... err ... hobby. As consumers, we're all looking for that "killer deal", and their ad copy preys on just that.

So if you like 'em, then buy 'em, smoke 'em, and give them to your friends and make some poor, underpaid copywriter smile! :)