• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Very interesting news

Gorby....tear down these walls. They said Fidel wont make it to 1995. Much talk in Cuba lately that Obama is going to remove the embargo. But that's just talk. He can leave the embargo in place. Just let the US Citizens travel on regular flights and without the $90 Visa. John

Agreed, I hope he doesn't lift the embargo.  Thanks for the post Jason.

I don't think it is happening anytime soon.  Too much going on right now that I don't think the President wants to stir that pot. The article doesn't elaborate much.

It seems towards the end of every presidency we hear talks about lifting the embargo.  Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this...

I wouldn't put it past him. For him or against him he has proven he pretty much does whatever he wants regardless.

Went down there last weekend and the planes are going half empty in both directions. Not a good sign as normally the flights are full this time of year. John

An AP article I just read about this had an interesting quote:

"Among the expected changes as a result of the improvement in U.S.-Cuba relations is that licensed American travelers to Cuba will now be able to return to the U.S. with $400 in Cuban goods, including tobacco and alcohol products worth less than $100 combined. This means the long-standing ban on importing Cuban cigars is over, although there are still limits, according to a U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity ahead of the official White House announcement."

(from http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Sources-US-Cuba-swap-prisoners-seek-to-normalize-relations-286095691.html)

Obama pulled the cork on the dam. $100 max won't last long. Soon will come the increase in label/brand fighting

What better way to destroy communism than to allow for capitalism to thrive? Wars and embargoes have proved useless. Just my .02

Effects on the CC market aside, I think moving this direction is a positive. I think Cuba will start to move towards freedom, slowly and probably not always smoothly because it rarely ever is. Eventually though as long as both countries remember that freedoms march has a price and we are both willing to pay it, it can't be stopped.

Having to listen to RETARD Non Cigar smokers dicks getting hard over the fact that they can now have a Cuban cigar is making me sick to my stomach...

They'll be cheaper
They'll be readily available
Montecristo cigars from Cuba are not marked as cuban on the bands, I used to smoke them all the time overseas...
I can't wait....

All retards in my construction trailer BTW, who hold various high end degrees....
I cannot imagine what the "regular folk" think...
Having to listen to RETARD Non Cigar smokers dicks getting hard over the fact that they can now have a Cuban cigar is making me sick to my stomach...

They'll be cheaper
Montecristo cigars from Cuba are not marked as cuban on the bands, I used to smoke them all the time overseas...
I can't wait....

All retards in my construction trailer BTW, who hold various high end degrees....

Bad day indeed... just ordered Cubans for the year...

Mind picking another term, or keeping the "retard" usage to yourself?  I'm not one to normally bust out the PC card, but that term is one of a few that I just don't like.

Jack hole, dumb ass, numb nuts, ass hats, all acceptable subs if you ask me.

jsm11 said:

They'll be cheaper
I can't wait....

They'll be cheaper
I can't wait....

Bad day indeed... just ordered Cubans for the year...
I know it was just in the heat of the moment but there are more fitting terms to use as that one is offensive.  We often use some of the others of which, ASSHAT is perhaps my favorite.

CMontoya79 said:
What better way to destroy communism than to allow for capitalism to thrive? Wars and embargoes have proved useless. Just my .02
This is about as simple and concise a good argument for dropping this silliness as can be. It doesn't work, it has never worked, and innocent people needlessly suffer because of it.
However, when communism has gained control for a while, and folks see the lie, a fresh taste of capitalism has been very powerful in reversing the tide.

Something told me to pull the trigger on those Winnies. Oh well.
I think the days of cheap relatively plentiful Habanos are nearing an end. Stock up.