• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viaje vs. Tatuaje

Willie56

Looking for everyone's opinions on "boutique" type cigars. I have heard some good things about Viaje but have had a rough time finding some in my local shops. I finally located some this week but the tobacconist kept telling me that Tatuaje was better. What do you guys think of these two or any other companies like them? Looking for some recommendations. Thanks.

Try them both. If you can't find them locally there are a number of wonderful tobacconists here at CP that carry both lines. I personally prefer the brown label Tats to the Viaje that I have tried. Not there is anything wrong with the Viaje, I just happen to like the Tatuaje better. Illusione is another boutique cigar that is worth hunting down.

Illusione > Tatuaje > Viaje (always had a tight draw for me)

But they are all good smokes. Try 'em out for yourself.

John

Had my first Viaje couple days ago, nothing to write home about! But that doesnt mean I wont try it again. The first one might not always be the winner. I'll give 2-3 more trys and then make a concrete answer on the smoke! Tats although I havent smoked many, in my opinion are very good! Each person is different and each cigar reacts different! Just keep on trying and process of alimination will come into play! Just my thoughts!! Good luck ;)

The majority of the Viaje LE's are outstanding...though I didn't like the Satori at all. Different vitolas of the Platino line are very good, with my favorite being the Lancero. Viaje LE's vs Tat LE's is a really tough call, as both of them have been releasing some outstanding stuff recently. Anybody that says they don't like Viaje...just hasn't smoked the right ones...just like any other line.

Have not had a Viaje cigar except for the S&B, and that little sucker kicked my ass. Tat brown and red label are my favorites. I'm gonna light up a face this weekend.

Well, the Tat I have had; now I need to find someone with a Viaje. Everyones taste is different, so we will see.

Anyone care to chime in on Illusione? Looks like a couple of you think they are better than Viaje and Tatuaje.

I think it's a case of apples and oranges. I like many of the boutique cigars because of their original blending and often superb construction.

I like Cruzado, illusione Tatuaje, and Viaje. There are many others that make fine cigars, too.

But they all make at least some cigars that are piquant and unique.

The thing is, you'll hardly get an opinion that you can base your decision off of. The reason being...One person may absolutely love 5 vegas and buy them every time over Illusione, and another person can't stand 5 vegas and only buys Illusione. Many people love Gurkhas, but just as many people hate them. Taste is subjective...the best opinion I can give you is to try them both and make a comparison :) that's what's great about cigars. They're an adventure.

I happen to really like Illusione and keep a box of them in my humi. I also really like Tats and keep a box of those in my humi as well. In my case I liked both of them enough to want a box of each. I have only had one Viaje and I can't currently recall what kind it was. I do however, remember liking it.

Viaje>Tatuaje

If you want a cigar that draws, go with Viaje. If not, then go with Tatuaje.

Anyone care to chime in on Illusione? Looks like a couple of you think they are better than Viaje and Tatuaje.

Most unique flavor out of any cigars I've smoked.

Apples and oranges and junk like others have said, though. Give 'em a try yourself. :)

I have all 3 labels in my humi, each has different sizes and accompanying tastes. Just like donuts in the window, you know you want one, just which one? :laugh:

Viaje is my favorite boutique out there now. Ive never been disappointed and I smoke a lot of Viaje. The biggest trouble is finding them because they dont make a whole lot.

I'm a fan of the Illusione line as well. The CG4 and MJ12s are great. Never liked any Viaje except for the first 1/3 of the S&B LOL

Can't go wrong with a brown label Tat, especially the Cojonus.

Tatuaje > Illusione > Viaje...for the record :sign:

Illusione are way above Tats or Viejas in my opinion. But then again, it's just my opinion.

.LIke they've said it's a matter of opinion. But I'll take a Tatuaje brown band over em all lately.

The Illusiones are fantastic smokes. But the flavor is so unique that I had to give them a break for a while... think I over did it!

Most of the Viaje's I've smoked have been very good as well, but about half of them were plugged or at least had a tight draw. Yet they are kept in the same wine-o-door at ~ 65/65 as all my other smokes that smoke just fine.

You can get your hands on all of them, if you just look around.